BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

magic mouse!

aahatimo
Newcomer
http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/
looks great! will it work w/ ac?
i miss my multitouch pad when using apple ext keyboard, was considering some other input device, this may be it.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
71 REPLIES 71
aahatimo
Newcomer
finally have a shipped notice, should have it 2nov.
tim hanagan
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it yesterday. Can't pan, as said before. If you don't mind using shortcuts of some type that's ok, but personally I'll stick with my mighty mouse and deal with the cleaning...
Rick Thompson
Expert
Can you zoom? I couldn't go without that, and I need a new mouse.

thanks
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes you can zoom
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just installed it on my macbook pro, i did the software update first, however for some reason it didn't install the magic mouse update. so i had to download it from here: mac.softpedia.com/progDownload/Wireless-Mouse-Software-Update-Download-65766.html

apart from that it seems fantastic. haven't tried it with AC yet tho.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How does one program Space Bar + Click to Pan?
Thanks,
Joseph
Aussie John
Newcomer
Joseph wrote:
How does one program Space Bar + Click to Pan?
Thanks,
Joseph
Open your work environment and go to the shortcuts section. Find the pan command (try alphabetic list) and give it a keyboard command. Some are suggesting space bar.
Back in plan view - click space bar and drag over mouse or trackpad to pan.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's safe to assume that these Apple mice aren't really designed for the hardcore CAD/3D users like we are.
They look cool from the street but if you have to run custom scripts and implement keyboard shortcuts just to use it efficiently with AC....blah.
No thanks.
I have the BT Mighty Mouse and so far...not impressed and it sits on a shelf.
I can barely type my damn name on a keyboard therefore I love cordless mice with multiple programmable buttons.
Sticking with my Logitech trackballs.
aahatimo
Newcomer
i have been trying out the magic mouse for an hour or so:
scrolling is awesome! very smooth anywhere on the curved surface. connected via bt easily.
i ran software update after installation and driver downloaded
it is a beautiful design and has a much better feel than its mighty sibling. but as others have mentioned is less capable at this point.

not sure if i could use it all day, much smaller height wise for my large hands. my kensington bt pilot mouse is about an inch taller.
zoom is 'screen' zoom only, not like the pinch zoom from trackpad. to see difference hold down control key and move fingers up and down on trackpad. apple shows this in their video so it is as advertised.
i really hope this is fixed w/ a software update so it operates more like multi gesture trackpad like 'pinch' in or out of an application window.
there is ample room for pinch and other gestures. it is about the same size as my trackpad, just vertical.
note, in ac it does zoom by scrolling. could not zoom in safari to get bigger text size.
not very customizable and no 3rd (or 4th , 5th) button.

we will see if apple or others comes up w/ software solution for additional gestures and functions!
tim hanagan
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo wrote:
there is ample room for pinch and other gestures. it is about the same size as my trackpad, just vertical.
!
it will be interesting to see if they release a software update for this. They've already built it for the macbook pro trackpads so....
Learn and get certified!