Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

missing objects, strange shapes in opengl

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I change into the perspective view I usually get something like what you see in the picture attached. The more complex the model gets, the view gets worse. The problem exists in both AC 14 and 15. On smaller models if i rebuild the model one or two times it gets ok, but on this building there are always some items missing. I have the latest catalyst installed for my video card.

Can anyone help me solving this problem?

opengl.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Szamimate:

Based on a quick look at your image, there appears to be a railing with many holes at the upper left which is probably generating many, many polygons. Under the ArchiCAD Help menu, select ArchiCAD Downloads and download and install the Polygon Counting Tool. Running this tool will tell you the polygon count of the elements in your project, which could be the source of your problem.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
It never occurred to me it can be a performance issue, (so used to games where low performance only means fewer frames per second) but after you suggested it I changed the mesh texture in the internal engine, and put parts of the building on different layers. It seams to have solved the problem.

Thanks!

It seams i should soon buy a better computer

Máté
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Máté:

I am not familiar with Windows machines, but your RAM is minimal (4 GB is recommended), so just increasing that would help. The system requirements for AC 15 are here: ArchiCAD 15 System Requirements.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14