Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

module file not saving the work done

Hi everyone,
i have had a very big problem today,
after working for several hours on a module file and saving regularly, i closed a the file. When i re-opened it, all the work had disappeared, archicad didn't save anything. The module was exactly as when it was created, even though the modification date was accurate...
Has anyone had this problem before?
I have worked a lot with module files before, and never had this kind of problem.
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I agree with what you guys are saying, but I also agree with Achilles that that those things are misleading.
Maybe one should be able to open those Sections/Details etc. but all 2D elements should be disabled so one cannot create something in those viewpoint that will not be saved in the MOD file anyway.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
IF it were possible to truly edit a MOD file, then I would agree with the last couple of comments, but it is not. Opening a MOD file creates a PROJECT file environment which consists of the last open state of ArchiCAD (all attributes of the last open project) and a merge of the contents of the MOD file.

I think the real issue is that perhaps we need a capability of editing the MOD file and nothing else ... Disabling certain commands/etc would be a 50% solution...we would also need to clear all non-MOD attributes, etc. This would not be that hard for GS to do, I would think... Anyone who wants the traditional behavior could simply start a new project (from 'last settings') and MERGE the mod file.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB