Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

preview problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi!

can anybody suggest what to do? i cant see in Archicad screen objects till i hadn't finish the draw. for example: when i am drawing line i cant see the line starting point and direction until i didn't draw last point.
the same is with all tools: fill, wall etc.
also when i am coping elements i cant preview them until i didn't put the last one.
with one word: i have no preview with tools.

what should i do?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I take this to mean you are not getting feedback on the screen as you are working. I have seen this take several forms from merely lacking the rubber band line to no bounding box and lack of smart cursor response. In my case restarting ArchiCAD fixes it. If it is persistent I would suspect a video card/driver problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try disabling 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration in Options > Work Environment > Advanced Redraw Options
Anonymous
Not applicable
it's can't be graphic card problem because in some working file it works normally, but most of them have this problem.
Karl Ottenstein
larry000 wrote:
hi!

can anybody suggest what to do? i cant see in Archicad screen objects till i hadn't finish the draw. for example: when i am drawing line i cant see the line starting point and direction until i didn't draw last point.
the same is with all tools: fill, wall etc.
also when i am coping elements i cant preview them until i didn't put the last one.
with one word: i have no preview with tools.

what should i do?
larry000,

This issue is exactly why it is important for you to post what machine and OS you are using as well as what version of AC.

If you are on a Mac, this is a known bug that happens if you launch ArchiCAD 14 on OS 10.6 and then switch to another application while AC loads libraries/etc and then switch back to AC. Quit, and re-launch AC and patiently wait for it to finish loading and your rubber-banding of lines and walls/etc will function.

Hope that helps,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
JaredBanks
Mentor
Karl, I never knew it was caused by that! Good to know. It's also one more example why it's always important to first try turning it off and on again.

http://www.shoegnome.com/2011/02/04/have-you-tried-turning-it-off-and-on-again/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome