BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

"Option Command D" keystroke not working.

rm
Expert
Hi everyone -

I have been away from this forum for years. I just upgraded to AC21 on Mac OSX. I am setting up my shortcuts and I have noticed AC21 will not respond to the shortcut "OPTION COMMAND D". It will not allow me to drag a copy by using the keystrokes. However, if I "right-click" over a line or object, I then can drag a copy.

I have looked in my user preferences and I noticed this IS the keystroke for drag a copy from Graphisoft out of the box. I have even tried to assign the keystroke manually and AC will not let me do it.

Interestingly "OPTION COMMAND E", rotate a copy, "OPTION COMMAND M", mirror a copy both work as intended.

Anyone else on a Mac experiencing this problem? Is this a known bug?

Thanks in advance for any insight/help offered.

- Robert Mariani
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Robert,

Welcome back - long time!

System keyboard shortcuts take preference. You may have noticed your dock appearing and disappearing while pressing opt-cmd-D?

Go to System Preferences > Keyboard and uncheck the box for the system shortcut. It will now respond as desired within ARCHICAD.

Cheers,
Karl
Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 4.47.15 PM.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rm
Expert
Karl -

As usual your reply is spot-on and solved the problem!!! Thank you for taking time to respond so quickly.

Your generosity with your knowledge of AC is always appreciated.

- Robert Mariani
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Learn and get certified!