BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

"Recommended Video Cards" - Workstation vs Gaming Cards

MMontgomery
Enthusiast
The 'Recommended Video Cards' page for ArchiCAD card comparisons are always between workstation cards ranging in the $400-$800+ range against gaming cards that run in the $80-$150 range.

These comparisons need to be between cards of the same price range in order to get a real metric for determining the card to buy.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would concur with this statement. It's hard to know what the most cost effective solution would be. I'm quite excited with the release of the Version 18. But my graphics/video card needs upgrading. As do our companies three other licenses and this could end up being costly if we don't get it right.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are also strugling to get direct and any real answer about what to buy and what to upgrade?

It seems like forever to find out and buyers are just blindly buying and hoping for it to work decently.

My recent discovery is, that graphisoft states that a4 year old used 50€ GTX 560 is faster than a new 600€ K2200 and at the same time the gtx 750 being 5x slower than both of them while having the same specs and architecture.
Learn and get certified!