BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

"UNDO" again not working.

archigreen
Enthusiast
For some reason the Undo is not working.
This is happening frequently and I don't want to keep re-starting AC13 all the time.
Do you have any clue why is this happening?
How can I fix this problem?
Need some help.
Thank you
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
8 REPLIES 8
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
UNDO will only undo back to your last Save -- once you have saved your file, you can no longer UNDO. Also, check your "Undo Limit" within your Work Environment settings (see attached).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
archigreen
Enthusiast
"Laura Yanoviak" wrote:
UNDO will only undo back to your last Save -- once you have saved your file, you can no longer UNDO. Also, check your "Undo Limit" within your Work Environment settings (see attached).
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
archigreen
Enthusiast
Even though I draw a new wall I can't Undo.
Then, If I erase my new wall I can get it back. It's just so scary not being able to Undo some important things.
Is this just me?
Thanks a lot for your concern
Archigreen
ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Assuming your "Undo Limit" is greater than 1, its sounds like there may be something wrong with your installation. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling AC.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
kevin b
Contributor
Getting the same thing. Seems random as to when it occurs. Once instance of AC is fine, another instance all of a sudden no UNDO. Not good.

Simply closing out of a project and reopening, without restarting AC and it's back on. Doesn't make any sense and no way to know its happening until you try and undo something.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some commands will delete your undo queue making it impossible to undo after that point.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the same thing a couple of weeks ago, happened for a few days then stopped. Restarting ArchiCAD fixes the issue. I agree it's very problematic.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the lack of undo in a second archicad? I've found that if you launch a second archicad, that file will not allow an undo.
Learn and get certified!