Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

re booting ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I throw the current ArchiCAD program in the trash and reload the software do I lose the existing job files created?? Dumb question??
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
marks wrote:
Thanks folks,

everything seemed to go smoothly w/ the exception of stairmaker and a issue when quitting ArchiCAD. I seemed to have lost all the stairs in every job I've created w/ 8.1. and when I close a project a bug report comes up saying ArchiCAD has unexpectedly quit. Any thoughts on these 2 issues?
Did you uninstall ArchiCAD or just delete the file it was in? Are you on a Mac or PC also? Uninstalling is the way to go otherwise you may have problems.

The stairs by default are saved in the stairmaker file on your computer. Generally you should save them in the project specific library part file on the server so that all computers could access them if they need to.

If you uninstalled properly you may find the stair files are still in the same place as they were before. Try looking under C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD X.X or the equivalent. Uninstalling wont delete any file that wasn't installed originally from the the cd. If the file is in the trash, can you restore it to its original place then copy the stairs out of it?

Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. I'm running MAC I don't see an "uninstall" command on the Mac.. I got a prompt that the old file was sent to a new folder in the hardrive marked old 8.1 I've placed it in the trash but not emptied it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
marks wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm running MAC I don't see an "uninstall" command on the Mac.. I got a prompt that the old file was sent to a new folder in the hardrive marked old 8.1 I've placed it in the trash but not emptied it.
Ah, sorry, I know nothing about Macs! It sounds like you may be able to get it back though if it isn't permanently gone.