BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

stair questions

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there. i have several problems/questions with stairs that i am trying to build.
1. is there any way to create non-square stairs? i need to create a staircase with treads being more polygon shaped than rectilinear. is there any way to do this? and can the last tread be modified independently or do i have to make a separate staircase for a special shaped tread?
2. is there a way to reverse the arrow on archicad stairs? i want to show stairs going down, not up on a plan. surely there is a way to do this that i have just overlooked?
3. i have a switchback stair that looks great except that i have some free floating risers in space. i don't know what's wrong and i don't know how to take a picture of the screen to show my dilemma.
any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
You can make the stair exactly how you want it. There are many ways to make a stair. If your stair is very unique you may want to model it from slabs, walls, or even a mesh, depending on what your stair is like.

If you could post a screen shot of your stair I am sure you would get some recommendations on which method to use.

More often than not, I model the stair with slabs and walls. I draw the stringers in section and turn them into library parts. I use slabs for treads and walls for risers. Same with hand rails. I use the profiler tool and save them as parts.

show us you stair if you can.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks. i just went ahead and made the skewed step with a slab. i just thought there might be something i was missing without having to buy add-on software.
the stair maker add-on does work very well. Do you have it loaded?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!