BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

status report error message

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just started using Archicad but i keep running into status report error message of missing files,
I will like to know how can i save permanently a jpg file i use as a background during photorendering .
Similarly how do i save parmernently a scanned site plan i inserted into floor plan window.
Though i know it's possible to save the whole project as an archive file at the end of the project.
i also went thru the library manager where i was successfully able to bring the pictures to the active library previa window then i reloaded, but still the problem persist
but before then how do i save it successfully as part of the project, and not running into missing error message

i am using Archicad 8 version

Thanks for your anticipated coop.

Femi, Nigeria
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
these are a lot of questions!!
lets see. one thing about libraries reports. all the thing you load with library manager are saved for the current project you are working.
if you want for example archicad to keep to your next project the pictures you loaded in your previous, you have to select create new with latest project settings. thats how archicad keeps all your options and all your library things.
though this may be tricky because after 4-5 projects archicad keeps loading all the files you have added.
the best way i found (and still didnt find the time to make it happen) is to have an empty project with all the customization and all the library parts you want including pictures backgrounds and save it as a .tpl template.
every time you use this to create new files
and if you want some new parts to be loaded you make the change in the template and then you keep working.

i hope i helped you a little.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I really appreciate your response, the problem is despite that i sucessfully bring in the jpeg/picture files into the active window of the Lbrary manager i am still having the error repot This also goes for pictures i used for photorendering background which will not be loaded automatically if i activate photorendering projection, except i have to reload it manually again

Thank you in advance

Femi, Nigeria
Anonymous
Not applicable
femi wrote:
i have to reload it manually again

Femi, Nigeria
xmmm... I think that the same thing happens to me the last two weeks.now I think I understood.
Have you perhaps all these images in a removable device? i have an external HDD and that happens when i open a project in my office or my house because the system gives the disk a different letter and i have to reload everything even when they are in the place i left them
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

the pictures had been on the hardisk all along, also i kept the picture in the background folder of Archicad, I think Djordje is of the opinion that i can change to a more recent version of Archicad than version 8 that i am using .
I want to try this option, hope it works

Thank You

Femi, Nigeria
Learn and get certified!