Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

stretch roof edge in 3d

Dave Brach
Advocate
Why is it that I cannot stretch the edge of a gable roof in 3d view? This has been driving me crazy for years now.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
If you have grouping enabled, you won't get the pet palette in 2D or 3D. Assuming your gable roof is single plane roofs, with grouping suspended, all edges should stretch with the proper pet palette button. Works for me.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dave Brach
Advocate
thanks, Karl, I guess I should have asked specifically about multi-plane gable roofs. Is it not possible to stretch the gable end/edge?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, but it is slightly different. With a multi-plane gable - mouse down upon seeing the Mercedes cursor on the gable edge of the blue "wall outline" rectangle/geometry as seen in the attached screenshot. (This blue geometry typically corresponds to the outside edge of the walls below - the roof overhang values etc are defined relative to this.)

This process differs from single plane roofs where you get the Mercedes on the edge of the roof itself.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dave Brach
Advocate
OK, right. In that case you need to set the eaves overhang to "offset" an assign a value. but let's say you want to break the gable end and just stretch part of it. In other words I would like to do what I do with a slab in 3d: have the freedom to break and stretch any edge.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura