Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

uninstall ArchiCAD 8.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I run uninstallation of ArchiCAD 8.0 I'm getting error on the very begining which is stoping the process. I'm geting the same error when trying to install 8.1 version. I still can use version 8.0
Can somebody help me.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to provide more information. Computer, OS, etc...
Anonymous
Not applicable
goti wrote:
When I run uninstallation of ArchiCAD 8.0 I'm getting error on the very begining which is stoping the process. I'm geting the same error when trying to install 8.1 version. I still can use version 8.0
Can somebody help me.
Thanks
You didnt mention the error message, this could be handy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm rinning winXP Sp1 on pentium 3 733 Mhz 384 RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
No message on the error box, just Error & the OK buton which kills the process. It's the same when I launch installation of 8.1 from the CD.
Djordje
Ace
goti wrote:
No message on the error box, just Error & the OK buton which kills the process. It's the same when I launch installation of 8.1 from the CD.
I would first try to install 8, choosing the Repair option, then install 8.1. Or after re-installing, uninstall 8, then install 8.1, rebooting (Shut Down/Restart) in the meantime. Uninstalling without the CD is not recommended.

You have to be Administrator.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried that but is showing that error on the very beginning of the installation.
What do you think about clearing the Archicad 8 on the registry and deleting archicad 8.0 dir from program files, have you ever tried this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
All sorted. I've installed Ad-aware 6 pro and scanned my machine, after that I've been able to unninstall ArchiCAD 8 and install 8.1 as normal.
Learn and get certified!