Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

upgraded to "Tiger" and 2nd of ArchiCAD will not l

Anonymous
Not applicable
I duplicated the Archicad program so I could start the 2nd copy to facilitate copy and paste between files. Now I can only start one copy and get an error message "application launch faliure because of shared library error" when I try to start a 2nd copy.
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
Read this POST

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5297&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=quicksilver&&start=0
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
In my case, the Quicksilver thing didn't prove all that reliable.

However, let me confirm that two copies of ArchiCAD cross-paste fine after Tiger is in.
Dwight Atkinson
__archiben
Booster
dwight

i just had two archiCADs and two plotmakers open in tiger with no problems...

admittedly these were in 'demo' mode, but i'm not sure that would make any difference?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
The difference is that when demo software crashes, it is just a demo crash - it isn't real, but it just shows you what a crash might be like. Once you restart, things go back to normal.
Dwight Atkinson
__archiben
Booster
Dwight wrote:
The difference is that when demo software crashes, it is just a demo crash - it isn't real, but it just shows you what a crash might be like. Once you restart, things go back to normal.
fair cop. but it shows that your shared library hasn't been mauled by the big cat, doesn't it?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
Perhaps weeves just needs a restart..... or a prefs dump....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem resolved. A restart or preference deletion did not solve the problem. (first thing I did) Deleting the duplicated ArchiCAD's (that ran fine on panther) and re-duplicating ArchiCAD was the fix. The new copys started up with out the shared library error.
Dwight
Newcomer
When my car has a flat, the first thing I do is change the oil.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I once had a mechanic that didn't have a clue to fix a specific problem, but still acted like an authority on how to proceed. After his solutions failed, I realized he was waisting my time.