BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

where do I accesst the stuff I like to use regularly

Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to have trouble keeping all the bits I change, the preferences I use and look I like - in a project file: So how do I add these bits having started a new project without a template file; Do I merge a previous file that was developed with various preferences? I find it always that I end up modifying bits done likewise on other projects? Cant seem to find the right section in help that clearly explains this? So I design a new spoofy master layout - how do I keep that into a new project?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm sure someone will come along with supper answer for you, but for now:
I think of the last job as my best template. It has all the changes I've adjusted/add etc. I only do residential so sorta simple for me.
You might want two or three...?

Do a Save-As, then;
Just strip out the building/project specific stuff. Keep ALL the generics.
As far as preferences; Options>Working environment>user profile;
If you have not been there before, top option should say custom, hit the
NEW button and name as you choose.
If you move around pallets or ad new ones or tools, and like the new screen layout, go back in and highlight the name of your profile, then you MUST hit Redefine for it to stick.
And of course Attribute manager is the way to bring things in from file you are not doing a Save-As copy from, as mentioned above.

As far as your Master Layout(s), (if I understood you right), I keep mine in in a separate .pln and use "External Content>Place external Drawing" to new/ file if I need to.

Bier
ps, just read your 6.5-12; you probably know a lot more than me!
Thomas Holm
Booster
archidevo wrote:
I seem to have trouble keeping all the bits I change, the preferences I use and look I like - in a project file: So how do I add these bits having started a new project without a template file; ...
You could use Favorites... But remember, with the Organizer, you can always open and access and transfer layouts etc from other projects, even if you don't want to open a second Archicad session.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
These sound like the clues I need - I only need a shove in the right direction - usually: Sometimes another voice( or two ) splits the screen chaos - thanks;
Learn and get certified!