Hello to all,
Hope this is the right forum. I’m seeking your advice as I’m new to resolve and have had performance trouble on the 12.5.2. Consulting BM support I’ve been advised my GPU is insufficient. My setup is:
3 year old ThinkPad W530 i5 dual core
16RAM, HDD, NVidia K2000M 2GB
I should point out I’m on a very tight budget. On the other hand, I am not an intensive user (couple hours a day), at least for now. And I don’t game…
So my only solution is external GPU (or different computer
). There are various configurations available. In order to save on costs, I’m interested in a combination of:
1. EXP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock + Expresscard Cable
To my questions:
1. From what I’ve heard this dock connected thru express card to laptop should work fine when viewed thru external monitor (TV?). Anybody have or heard about experience of this solution? Any reason to doubt that?
2. Assuming this configuration does work, any limitations I should consider regarding express card connection? This relating to level of GPU I look for.
3. Furthermore, any suggestions as to what GPU models to choose from? I’ve seen comments about NVidia 10xx, from which the only one I might consider is GTX 1060, but it’s also expensive. BM recommends GTX 980 and 780, both having a market of 2nd hands available. I also heard of RX 480, which is new. Other opt. that might be cheaper and sufficient?
4. Some of these models come w GB options (3 vs. 6, 4 vs.
. How significant is that in choosing?
5. Is there a need for a sound card or is this configuration sufficient?
Looking forward to your impute. And tnks for your interest