BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

wibu key

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm using a version 7 and haven't been using archicad for about a year now..and now i have to but my protection key (wibu) seems to be unstable. it works sometimes. strangely the wibu protection key is NOT showing in the hardware/device manager. can anyone help
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
lsid wrote:
i'm using a version 7 and haven't been using archicad for about a year now..and now i have to but my protection key (wibu) seems to be unstable. it works sometimes. strangely the wibu protection key is NOT showing in the hardware/device manager. can anyone help
Reinstall and all should be well.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djorde,
I've uninstall and re-install countless times myself and the IT technician and 'blue screen' kept appearing . Blue screen - serious breakdown /crash usually due to malfunction of a device/software.

Looks like the best way now is to have the key replaced. I wonder if there is anyone out there had this key problem before. I don't recall havign this problem with the version 4.5 for 8 years until I upgrade to version 7 and in less than 5 years, this is happening!

Frustrating!
Karl Ottenstein
lsid,

To clarify: you do not need to reinstall ArchiCAD, only the WIBU driver. And, the WIBU driver that you install should not be the one from your 7.0 CD, but the latest driver from www.wibu.com Be sure you have UNinstalled your old driver first, keep the keyplug unplugged until you reboot after installing the current driver.

See if that helps?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, the IT and myself did just that - uninstalled the old before reinstalling and we downloaded the latest wibu key driver for version 7 and not from the cd.

and after all that, blue screen appears not just on the desktop ( xp prof 2002 / 1gb/p4) but on the lap top ( xp home/512ram/p4) as well.
Karl Ottenstein
lsid wrote:
...downloaded the latest wibu key driver for version 7
The latest WIBU doesn't know what version of AC you are running... so just to be sure - it was version 5.10 that you downloaded? (Click on the 'About' tab of the WIBU control panel item.) The vagueries of written communication...sorry.

If you have 5.10, then I have no idea ... other than to try my tip here to disable everything about the WIBU that is not required for your machine:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Limiting_the_ports_that_WIBU_scans

Did your blue screen (affectionately known as the BSD, Blue Screen of Death), list an error in a module that clearly identified the problem as the WIBU software?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES.IT'S VERSION 5.10
Learn and get certified!