Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

windows 7 & ArchiACD 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows 7 & ArchiCAD 13

Hi there,
I have just upgraded my work computer to windows 7x64 bit.
However now i am having major graphics issues. when zooming in there is strange shrinking boxes showing up where the zoom box is. also when switching between navigator views, I have to click on the screen or do a rebuild all, for everything, mainly text to show up.
the 3d model has slowed down dramatically too, rebuilding used to be instant now its 20+ seconds... solid element operations are slow, sections are slow... very frustrating.
I thought this was to do with a rather large mesh, but when back-saving to 12, it was ok.
Loading 13 seems a little slower too....

ArchiCAD 12 is fine. sped up. working brilliant.
graphics card is up to date.
there is also no option to run in Xp capability mode.

has anyone else had these problems? Can you help me please?
12 REPLIES 12
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
I have noticed AC 13 in Windows 7 64bit is very slow.
Try setting ArchiCAD to run as administrator. This has helped for me. To do this, select the ArchiCAD.exe inside the ArchiCAD 13 Folder in program files. Right click then go to properties. Then check the box 'Always run this program as administrator' or words to that effect. Hopefully this helps.
I am wondering. Can you install ArchiCAD as a 32bit program in windows 64? And if you can, would it run better?
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
I run 32-bit and I am having same type of problems. Another Forum Index said to turn off Drawing Hardware Acceleration, but I don't know where that setting is. Anyone know if this is really a solution? How is it done?
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Queen wrote:
/.....Drawing Hardware Acceleration, but I don't know where that setting is/....
Open your Work Environment.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Brett Brown
Advocate
The "do not antialias horizontal and vertical lines" Mac only? Not appearing with any combination of settings on my 13
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be interested to hear Graphisofts response to this...

Is it a bug? Is it a windows 7 issue? Is it the PC? my IT guy tells me my computer is pretty good. & it is running 12 really well...

Would it be worth running ArchiCAD in the 'XP' mode of windows 7?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwayne, are you using Aero themes on Windows 7? Seems that switching to classic theme helped me solve exactly similar issues.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi Janne,
Thanks for your tip. That seems to have solved allot of the issues with 2D navigation.
The 3D does not seem to be as fast as it was however. i will keep doing some tests & let you know.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Janne wrote:
Dwayne, are you using Aero themes on Windows 7? Seems that switching to classic theme helped me solve exactly similar issues.
HI Janne,
I think the Aero theme doesnt have anything to do with how it effects the 3D.
I tested both the themes out & the difference wasnt even noticeable. so it must be affected by something else.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes one head spin to read all these stories of DirectX and openGL, BUT I was able to install missing(?) parts of Windows DirectX 9 components needed to run AC 13 better.

tip came from:
http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/61552-directx-feb-2010-update-released.html

Microsoft installation package:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8...