All users, roles, projects are missing in the BIMcloud Manager

Istvan Moharos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Related versions: 2018.2 and newer Only the masteradmin user can log in into the BIMcloud Manager's web user interface. In the Manager, all users, roles, projects, libraries are missing. On the Servers page the Server Module(s) are missing as well. Most probably the BIMcloud Manager database has been damaged. The most frequent causes of this issue: an unclean shutdown, the hard drive run out of free space.

Troubleshooting process

1. Do NOT restart the server computer!

Most likely the Manager database has been damaged, make sure to NOT restart the computer or the services. The Manager creates backups from its database in every service restart, but it keeps only the last 10 backups, which means that too many service restart could overwrite all of the existing backups.
  2. Are there any free space in the hard drive(s)?

Check the available free space in the disk(s) where the BIMcloud / BIMcloud Basic components are installed. Free at least 15 percent of the storage space. If the Manager's Data folder is stored on a different disk, then check that one as well.
  3. Create a backup copy from the BIMcloud Manager database

Open a File Explorer (on Windows) or Finder (on macOS) window and copy the whole Data folder to a safe place. Locations:
    • Windows:
      • C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIMcloud\Manager-<YYYY-MM-DD>\Data\ where YYYY-MM-DD is the date of installation
    • macOS:
      • System drive/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/BIMcloud/Manager-<YYYY-MM-DD>/Data/ where YYYY-MM-DD is the date of installation
  4. Restore the BIMcloud / BIMcloud Basic Manager database from a backup

1. Stop the BIMcloud Manager / BIMcloud Basic Manager service (on Windows) or daemon (on macOS) manually.
    2. Open a File Explorer (on Windows) or Finder (on macOS) window and navigate to the Manager's Data folder. See the locations above.
    3. It is really important to have a backup from the Data folder, if it has not been copied yet to a safe place, then step back and do the Create a backup copy from the BIMcloud Manager database step!
    4. If a file form db_ exists (with the underscore character) under the Data folder - it is a temporary file - delete it.
    5. Locate the latest db-<numbers>.gz file. The files with .gz extension are compressed backup files.
    6. Decompress the file, it contains an earlier version of the db file. The filename looks like db-<numbers> without any extension.
    7. Rename the decompressed file to db and overwrite the old db file.
    8. Start the BIMcloud Manager service (on Windows) or daemon (on macOS) manually.
  5. Repeat the restoration

1. Check the Manager's web user interface with the masteradmin user and see if the users, roles, projects are still missing or not.
    2. If the issue still exists, repeat the Restore the BIMcloud Manager database from a backup step with an earlier backup.
  6. Contact your local GRAPHISOFT support representative

During the investigation the BIMcloud log files might be necessary.
Comments

I run through this problem, and had I really rough time fixing it, because the correct database was not the latest as the article mentions, but rather the biggest. So my advice is to sort by size, and not by date. You will probably find a file that look like db-<numbers>-err.gz and it will be several MB instead of just 200-300 KB, that will be the file that works.

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Achille, those database archives with -err ending will cause you further troubles. Typically there is another reason behind this problem (e.g. disk is full), but restoring a faulty db file can cause further issues. I suggest to contact local support with such issues.

Thanks Noemi.

Disk is definitively not full, so I don't know what the problem is. No other file was good, so with the file ending with -err we are now able to work, until know with no problems. I will contact support.

Still looking?

Browse more articles

Back to articles

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!