Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server version 14.0.3004, Client version 14.0.3269

Rick Newton
Newcomer
When trying to open a Teamwork project, I get "your client is not compatible with the selected server Server version 14.0.3004, Client version 14.0.3269." I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling BIM Server & Manager, but I think a Hot fix has messed it up. I cannot find what the difference between the Client & the Server is, as far as getting them to be the sdame version number.
Rick Newton, Architect, ArchiCAD 17, 27" iMac:•3.4GHz Core i7 •32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB •3TB Fusion Drive •NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
If you reinstalled BIM Server, then you are back to build 3004. You MUST install the hotfix to get your BS to the same build number as your client. If the BS and client are on the same machine, it will recognize that the client is already patched to 3269 and will then look for the BS and BSM to update them. If the BS is on a different machine, you must install the 3269 hotfix there.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rick Newton
Newcomer
Thanks Karl. That was the problem - I hadn't reinstalled the Hotfix (3269.) But now I am back the a previous problem that took me to the Hotfix in the first place; ArchiCAD 14 crashing whenever I tried to Join or open a Teamwork project. I am new to Teamwork/BIM Server. I have sent the report to Graphisoft.
Rick Newton, Architect, ArchiCAD 17, 27" iMac:•3.4GHz Core i7 •32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB •3TB Fusion Drive •NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Rick,

Glad that worked, but a bummer about the crashes. Just submitting the crash report will not get GS tech in touch with you (necessarily) - so if you haven't, do contact GS US tech support with the crash number, too, and they'll get the issue sorted out with you.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

I'm having a similar warning message, yet i'm not sure how to apply the hotfix to the server
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You should just run the hotfix on the Server machine. It will try and update ArchiCAD, the BIM Server, the BIM Server Manager, all within the same hotfix.

You just need to push through the prompts even if there are parts you don't want to update (eg. ArchiCAD).

Cheers,
Link.