BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

OSX | BIM Server start-up with OS issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have an issue with the BIM server running on OSX with the start-up with the OS - as follows:

After a reboot of the OS the BIM Server creates a Volume/Folder with that includes the paths to the Teamwork Library and the Teamwork data.

Because the Volume/Folder created by the BIM server reserves the name of the physical Volume. The physical Volume as it mounts is then renamed with a -1 suffix which obviously plays havoc with all the other services that depend on it.

Any ideas on how that this can be fixed?

Many thanks in advance,

J
3 REPLIES 3
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Mark,

From your description I believe the Projects and Library (attachment) folders are located on an external drive (most likely connected via fiber optic cable). The problem is this external drive starts up after the BIM Server starts up. The BIM Server expects these folders to be available once it is on line. This odd mount point is created at this point.

You need to delay the start up of the BIM Server, to after the daemon that starts the external drive. I have been told (but I have not done this), that this delay can be done by moving the plist for the external drive daemon from the /System/Library/LauchDaemons folder to the /Library/launchDaemons folder. I would consult a MAC OS X systems expert first before trying this.

Ed
Graphisoft Technical Support
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Ed,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The drive in question is in fact a local drive, however it is not the one with the OS (or the BIM server) installed - a standard Xserve/OSX configuration.

I will let our systems admin evaluate the solution you propose and come back to you.

J
aaron s
Contributor
Does anyone have a confirmed solution to delay the startup of the BIM Server to avoid this problem occurring?
Is it as simple as always remembering to turn off the BIMServer (Disable All) before doing any machine restart?
Learn and get certified!