Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Started with BIMcloud for EDU #1

Gabriella Monteiro
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
wp-content_uploads_2021_05_PresenterCloud.png

Thank you for signing up for our service! We are excited to welcome you to work as a team in Archicad. These are the next steps you need to know to get started. 

How does BIMcloud for EDU work?

With BIMcloud for EDU, your teamwork projects are stored on our servers and automatic backups are performed. We set up your university's own access, and create users for you to join fellow students in collaboration. Our guide to setting up teamwork projects gives you an easy start.   

How to get started 

On which address can I access BIMcloud for EDU?

You can sign in at https://edu-europe.bimcloud.com/

What is my login name?

Your login name is the email you or your teacher provided to us when registering for the BIMcloud for EDU service.

How can I change my password?
wp-content_uploads_2021_07_Screen-Shot-2021-07-15-at-11.42.00-AM.png

Visit https://edu-europe.bimcloud.com address and choose the option “Forgot your password?” under the login. Make sure to enter your email address with small letters only. Once the right username is given, the system will send an email to your address. Please check your SPAM folder as well, as sometimes system notifications land there.  

wp-content_uploads_2021_07_Screen-Shot-2021-07-12-at-11.06.30-AM.png

After receiving the email, follow the instructions and set a new password. Once you are done click "change".

I received a folder which has my name. Can I change it?

Private folders are registered under the name of the institution or person who requested it, to help administration. Please create subfolders under your “Projects” folder to use unique folder names. To learn more about the folder system in BIMcloud for EDU go to our next article. Get to know BIMcloud for EDU #2

FAQ

Which Archicad versions can I use with BIMcloud for EDU? 

The most up to date version.  Check the most up to date Archicad version here: Downloads – GRAPHISOFT 

Can I access my folder anytime? 

Yes! The project can be reached at any time as long as you have an internet connection. Keep in mind that BIMcloud does undergo maintenance time to time, however when a regular maintenance is expected you will be informed.

How can I share my project with my teammates?  

Please use the “Share” functionality of Archicad. You can find  the “how to” steps in our next article. Get to know BIMcloud for EDU #2

Can I share an existing project?

Yes! You can share your existing Archicad file as a teamwork project in your group folder or start your project with a blank template included when you download Archicad. These templates differ based on your localized version. 

What kind of files can I store on BIMcloud?  

It is possible to centrally store and manage all project-related data such as PDF, DWG, Hotlink modules, PLN, IFC, JPEG files. You can also publish and store BIMx and PDF files that connect to your project on BIMcloud. 

How long can I use BIMcloud for EDU?

The standard agreement is for one semester.   

How long can I store my project on BIMcloud for EDU?

We perform a maintenance each year during summer on BIMcloud for EDU servers, where we delete old and unused projects. If you have a project which you wish to use for more than one year, please contact the administrators during the current maintenance period.   

Support

How can I use the service for educational purposes?

You need to comply with the conditions listed at our Terms of Service . 

I have a different question. Who should I contact?  In case you have a unique question or a support issue, please contact our local partner or the GRAPHISOFT team at edu@graphisoft.com

Still looking?

Browse more articles

Back to articles

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!