Additional Surface Catalog for Forward and SSA Users

Nick Cornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Users with an active SSA (Software Service Agreement) may download an exclusive set of 500+ additional surfaces, which are not included with the standard Archicad library. Please follow these steps to download and load the catalog to your project:

For Standalone Projects (.pln)

1. Open Archicad and go to Options > Element Attributes > Surfaces or Options > Surfaces
  2. Click the "New..." button and select the New Surface option. From the resulting New Surface dialog choose "New from Catalog".
  3. Click the globe icon near the bottom of the dialog and click on "Additional Surface Catalog for SSA Users..." This command will check your license eligibility, then...

EmokeCsikos_0-1653646738850.png

4. a page will open in your web browser. From this page download the ZIP file and extract it to a location on your computer or office server.

5. Return to Archicad and close the Surface Settings dialog box.

6. Open the Library Manager to add the Additional Surfaces to your project(s) by browsing for the newly downloaded and unzipped Additional Surface Catalog library container file (.lcf).

7. Now return to the Surface Settings dialog box and navigate to the folder where you want to import the new surface.

8. Click the "New..." button and select the New Surface option. From the resulting dialog choose "New from Catalog".

9. Browse in the area below to Linked Libraries > Additional Surface Catalog, then select and double-click the desired surface to load. You may load one surface at a time in this manner.

EmokeCsikos_2-1653647306408.png

Once completed you will be able to use the newly loaded surfaces on elements in the project.

For Teamwork Projects

The only significant difference in Teamwork is how the libraries are managed. Repeat steps 1-4 in the above workflow, then use the "Manage BIMcloud Libraries..." dialog within Archicad to add the Additional Surface Catalog to the BIMcloud Server. Then use the Library Manager within each Teamwork project to link the library to the project.

Comments
C_matsuda
Contributor

Hello Nick,

Is there a way to add all surfaces that are in the catalog for SSA Users at the same time?

Thank you.

pbg
Booster

Howdy,

I'm wondering the same thing - can we add all of the surfaces/materials at the same time?

Thank you!

leo23
Participant

Hello,

Same question : can we add all of the surfaces/materials at the same time?

Thank you!

Barry Kelly

As Nick said in the article ...

"You may load one surface at a time in this manner."

Barry.

Barry Kelly

Actually there is a way to import all surfaces in one go.

There is a command you can add to a menu in your Work Environment.

BarryKelly_0-1666244556824.png

It will add all surfaces currently in your loaded library.

But be aware, it will delete all of your current surfaces attributes.

So do this in a separate file that you can save and then import them with the Attribute Manager (all or just the ones you want) into your template or other files.

Barry.

pbg
Booster

Rad! Thanks Barry!

leo23
Participant

Thanks Barry!

But I still have a problem.
I can't select. It's like it's frozen

Can you help me?

Capture d’écran 2022-11-09 à 15.33.00.png

Barry Kelly

On the right hand side, you have to have a menu open to be able to add the command.

Is that it?

Barry.

leo23
Participant

Oh I found it. On the right you have to create a new menu to be able to add the order. Is that it?

Barry Kelly

You can create a new menu or just have one of the existing menus open and add it to that.

Barry.

leo23
Participant

thank you so much! i found it!

There is no rational basis for this command to delete all the extant surfaces, and I think most users would find that result "surprising".

Still looking?

Browse more articles

Back to articles

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!