Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Pixelated in Perspective view.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello- is anyone one else having this problem, every time I go to my 3d perspective view, all my building materials are very pixelated.

Also, my control points for objects, walls, slabs do not line up with where my wall actually is.

I thought it was my graphics card but I just got that checked out and everything should be fine. I have attached a screen shot of my computer specs and I have also attached a screen shot of what I'm talking about in 3d perspective.

Any advice helps.

Thank you!
Joseph
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph,
You did not attach computer specs.
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Computer Specs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, my control points for objects, walls, slabs do not line up with where my wall actually is.
Based on this description it sounds to me like a far away from origin issue. If your ARCHICAD model is situated miles away from origin (0,0,0) then you will run into the issues you have described.

My advice would be to move the model closer to origin which can be achieved by drawing a thick marquee around the entire building, then use the drag command to move the building to a new position.

(You may have to use File>Save and then quit ARCHICAD in order to reset the internal origin point to rectify the issue)

Kind regards,

Marcus
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Good call, Marcus! And a good reminder of why to model as close to origin as possible, something I've been telling new co-workers/interns for years now

By default textures us 0,0,0 as origin, so if your model element is so far away from the origin, the repeating of the texture starts to act up.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5