Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Take a look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I created this little scene and rendered it lastnight, I can't believe that a Lightworks novice like me can create such real life images so quickly.

Graphisoft has done an incredible job with 9.0 and lightworks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

test1.jpg
117 REPLIES 117
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I believe in ArchiCAD 9.0 alone one can create a good realistic looking scene (Although not compared to other more sophisticated softwares like Max, Cinema 4D, etc), what one need in doing so is understand some basic principles, and tools that the software provide. We have to understand, for example, that Global Illumination is not provided in this software but we can simulate this and even radiosity using additional general light sources provided in ArchiCAD. Normally the scene will contain more that one or two lights to be good.

Here are my ideas for improving the Image:

- improve the camera to show clearly the furnitures and anything you want to show, the furnitures looks too far and are not seen clearly although there is a very big window just infront of them

- try to get soft shadows of the window frames, by changing shadow resolution and/or light intensity

- decrease a little bit reflection of the floor material

If you use window light on such window, ofcourse you will spend long time in rendering, but try to use other lights to achieve the same effect - only practice. You remember what Morpheus told Neo (in Matrix), 'I can only show you the door, but you are the one who have to walk through it' - so these are some ideas, so keep practicing and ask whenever you are stuck.

Mbarouk
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Dwight wrote:
This is lively and strong.
Tell us a little about the setup, because many users [from all the whining we hear] would have trouble making this scene......?
I resemble that remark
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
fuzzytnth3
Booster
wr1nkles wrote:

also, what i would do, is increase the diameter of the bars on the chair to utilise your *chrome look in your image* However, i do not know if this would look out of proportion in contrast with the chair body itself

nik
Mess with a Design Classic.... brave man
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the room Layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the sun object settings... I will say this, it really make a difference what degree the Azimuth is. I have it set at 300 in this scene, but if I were to move it only by 10 degrees the scene and lighting looks completely different.

I'm sure Dwight can relate this fact somehow to Photography, which by the way I'm starting to appreciate when it comes to lighting. Most of his tips make complete sense when he makes photographic parallels...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's my window light up to ceiling settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Last but not least here's my window light down over furniture setting...

**Sorry to bombard the thread with images, but I just want to be as informative as possible with others. I know many times I see really good stuff on this site and wish that the creator would share some of his/her methods/tricks/tips, but they don't. It's not like we're competing, we're all here to help.***
Anonymous
Not applicable
Closer Shot
test5.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
I'm being very bad by reading and not working ... so a quick comment:

The sun setting in your screenshot show that it is giving off blue light. Try yellow ... reserve blue for your sky object.

Also instead of white on your fill lights, try something warmer ... the radiosity off the floor and furniture combined with a warm (low) sun would provide some color, right?

Thanks for posting in such detail ... it will make this thread useful to many!

Back to work,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand why your image attachments are smaller than your previews. Upload a higher quality, larger resolution image (within the size limitations) - allow us to actually see the rendering quality.

Most of us have the bandwidth and those who don't will be satisfied with the preview.