Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Twinmotion 2018 real-time synchronization with ARCHICAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Twinmotion 2018 unveiled a cool feature for ARCHICAD users today, real-time synchronization from ARCHICAD to Twinmotion 2018.
Compatible with ARCHICAD 19 / 20 / 21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXuqjnfqz-g
28 REPLIES 28
Mjules
Mentor
Tianxiao wrote:
Mjules wrote:
I would appreciate if I could save as a (*.fbx) file format on both Twinmotion versions 2016 and 2018 as allowed on ArchiCAD.
For what purpose may I know?
Thanks!
With this file extension, we might be able to export, to other advanced softwares, the work we created on Twinmotion.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
stefan
Expert
I've tried the Twinmotion/ARCHICAD 21 connection today on my MacBook Pro. With a newly created file, this works really well (easy conversion). However, when loading a PLA file from a test project, nothing happened for a while. With the clean interface, you don't always know what is going on and where problems may occur.

Overall a nice result. Performance on my new MacBook Pro (Late 2016 model) is OK, but I guess not at the same level as Windows workstations with some of the new GTX cards.

Download is extremely large (10 Gb!). I guess the whole Unreal Engine is to blame for that?

The display on a Retina screen seems low-res (not crisp). But I guess that it is already pushing hard enough as is, without wanting to double the resolution.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
I'd like to share with you a "Making of..." tutorial created by one of Twinmotion users on an interior rendering project.
He is not using ARCHICAD, but it's interesting to learn how he managed the interior light and materials.
Hope you enjoy it.
https://twinmotion.abvent.com/en/bedroom-making-tutorial-yoga-binhar/
PB
Advocate
Hi Tianxiao,

I've tried the trial version of Twinmotion 2018 and it seems a very solid product (although hampered by my lack of sufficiently powerful hardware).

Having searched through the tutorials, videos, etc., I am struggling to find answers to two key questions - perhaps you can help?

1) How are materials/textures/shaders brought in from 3rd party sources (Vue Infinite, LumenRT, Arroway textures, etc.)?

2) Can the water materials included with Twinmotion be applied to imported objects? I have not managed to do so, and being restricted to the two standard forms is too restrictive.

Many thanks,
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
Earthworm
Booster
You can add the Ocean, although it is limited.

Noticed TM2018 compared to AC21 is still buggy / not finished:

Replacing textures result in crashing rather often.
Adding vegetation sometimes result into being unable to edit or add new vegetation.
Navigation is not AC standard although it does claims to be - maybe just me.
Workflow is sometimes counter intuitive - transparent materials yes, but only if you import them externally.

Does have nice potential.
ArchiCAD 27 | Intel Xeon W-2225 - 4.10GHz | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
can it export material ids? the UI looks different compared to previous version, i can't seem to find the material id checkbox from their youtube videos..

The result looks promising btw
-John
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a question about materials in Twinmotion , is it works with Vray materials ?
Vasileios S_
Advocate
Twinmotion cannot use .mat or .vismat files. If you have the maps of the materials, you can easily recreate them in Twinmotion.
You cannot build a line.
Anonymous
Not applicable
farzanehmirzay wrote:
i have a question about materials in Twinmotion , is it works with Vray materials ?
Hi,
No, Vray materials are not compatible with Twinmotion 2018. But as Vasileios said, it's easy to create a material by yourself in TM2018. Check out this article: https://twinmotion.abvent.com/en/blog-the-10-most-asked-questions-about-twinmotion-2018-2/