Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

artlantis neon glass

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I am an architecture student using Archicad 15 and Artlantis Studio 4 for a while now.
However i don't seem to quite handle the neon glass. I'm trying to render an interior space using neon glass for the glazing material as a light-source (as if the light was coming from the outside) but when i hit "render now" it only creates a black image. I added light groups, of course, but that appears to be too much combined with the neon glass, and at the the same time not enough after the image is rendered.
I hope someone will understand what's happening and will be able to give some advice on the matter.
Thank you,
Ilinca
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Please ask specific Artlantis questions such as this on the Artlantis forums. Artlantis is made by Abvent and has its own enthusiastic user base there:

http://www.artlantis.com/_forums/index.php

With 4.1, if the sun is entering the room, you can get reasonable results without neon glass by adusting your radiosity settings.

But in any case, what you are experiencing suggests that you either do not have the neon power high enough (default is fine though), or you do not have the neon enabled for your view. See the attached screenshot: you must check the box shown to enable the neon shader to generate illumination in each view. Still, it can generate strange artifacts at times.
Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 11.19.35 AM.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for your reply and sorry for the unrelated topic.
have a nice day!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!