Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

best way to achieve best renderings with Archicad 3d models?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the best way/application/plugin to render the Archicad 3d models?

Now, I know that some of you may say that Artlantis or LightWorks rendering engine at Archicad are quite good, but I have definitively seen better ones. Like the Vray 2.0 at 3d Studio Max 2011 for example.

So what is the best way to achieve the best renderings with Archicad 3d models?

Thank you for the reply.
11 REPLIES 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
nedostizni wrote:

Now, I know that some of you may say that Artlantis or LightWorks rendering engine at Archicad are quite good, but I have definitively seen better ones. Like the Vray 2.0 at 3d Studio Max 2011 for example.

Thank you for the reply.
Maxwell Render imho
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
nedostizni wrote:

Thank you for the reply.
Maxwell Render imho
If you want fotorealistic Maxwell Render +1.
Advanced Render 3 of cinema is quite well and vray for c4d too.
Artlantis is the option is you want a equilibirum betwewn speed-quality.
You can do test in artlantis and final render in maxwell.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I think this is a very hard question, and the answer depends on the approach.

In my opinion every application is a tool, like a pencil, if you can't use it, you might have the best one, you won't be a Michelangelo.

You can find a lot of discussions about AC with Max on the forum.

Regards, Ede
Anonymous
Not applicable
when you are mentioning the Maxwell plugin, you mean the Maxwell plugin for ArchiCAD or for 3d Studio Max?

Because as far as I saw it until now, Vray 2.0 for 3d Studio Max 2011 is the best rendering engine on the market, in this moment. Definitively. This is why I am thinking of exportinf the 3d Archicad model into the .3ds file and then importing it to the 3d Studio Max.
Anonymous
Not applicable
any help on my last reply?
Dwight
Newcomer
Well, it seems like some guy named nedostizni [gezundheit!] gave you a pretty good answer.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for the reply Dwight.
So it is the Maxwell plugin for Archicad?!

Thanks.
The "best way to achieve best renderings with Archicad 3d model"
is to get is out of Archicad and into some other rendering program.

Archicad models can't look as good in a rendering as some other models do because we can not work with NURBS.

A Cinema 4D, Rhinoceros, Maya, or formZ model for example may look better in a rendeirng than a model made with Archicad, depending on what it is your modeling.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
The "best way to achieve best renderings with Archicad 3d model"
is to get is out of Archicad and into some other rendering program.
This is exactly what I was trying to ask. I even tried rendering a Archicad into Rhinceros with VRay 1.5 plugin, and the results were very good.

Archicad models can't look as good in a rendering as some other models do because we can not work with NURBS.

A Cinema 4D, Rhinoceros, Maya, or formZ model for example may look better in a rendeirng than a model made with Archicad, depending on what it is your modeling.
Can you clear this a little bit for me, please. Nurbs models look better when they are rendered, or what?

Thank you for the reply.