BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

yet another way

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just want to share some technique. Here is a combination of lightworks and sketch render which I think gives nice result. It is good alternative when you need to show conception and you're still not sure about the materials. Comments are welcome.
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable
From my experience I can tell that most of the clients prefer this kind of presentation. It has some unique feeling of handcraft which is a great value in the era of VR, and also make me feel less guilty that I'm not drawing as much as used to anymore .
No matter how hard you will try with (pseudo)fotorealism it will always lack 'human factor' and it has nothing to do with the radiosity/GI/caustics/HDRI etc. Don't know how about you, but 3/4 investors usually don't care how soft the shadows are or how realistic glass looks like, what they need is legible concept in no time, and for that this combination suits perfectly.
Why do we need 18 sketch styles when half of them are useless? I would trade them for photoshop basic function like transparency + ability to render it together with LW (I'm not dreaming about full implementation of LW for now). This way I would cut my workflow by half.
Dwight
Newcomer
Providing more and more realism means more and more needlessly time-consuming detail or the eye is disappointed.

Like the sexist sixties Clairol ad: "The closer he gets, the better you look:" "The closer he gets the better your details had better be or the illusion fails and it looks like a robot did it."

Images should only be about sharing good feelings and to do that they should engage the viewer's imagination by being "Blurred".
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
... and let's not forget Piranesi ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you get the image size of the LW rendering to match the size of the sketch rendering?
Anonymous
Not applicable
LINZ wrote:
How do you get the image size of the LW rendering to match the size of the sketch rendering?
Set the same size render window in PhotoRender Settings for both methods.
Learn and get certified!