General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad 25 Update 3011 Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Yesterday we have made Archicad 25 Update 3011 available. We have created packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER and AUT versions so far and they all passed our tests.

The Check for Updates feature will notify end users about the new version. We will keep testing the rest of the language versions and release them as they pass the quality control.

You may read the List of Improvements here, while the update installers are available on the Downloads section of our website.

The update brings solution for the issue DEF-6049, which caused sudden file size increases. Note that the already increased files can be repaired only by the Technical Support team of GRAPHISOFT HQ. Feel free to contact us via the support channels to get the grown files fixed.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let me know!

Best regards,

Minh Nguyen

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

14 REPLIES 14
hybrid
Enthusiast

Hi. And when is the update 4000 planned to be released? Although it would be approximate terms. Interested in updated zones

AMD R7 2700 3.8@GHz | 32 Gb RAM | SSD | GTX 1050Ti

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

At the moment, we are targeting mid-to-late Autumn.

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Which translates as mid-November to late December in non-seasonal terms. Fastest ever roll out of an upgrade...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
DGSketcher
Legend

@Minh Nguyen So DEF-4187 (Loosing dimension associations) that was fixed in AC25 Beta 4000 INT FULL and AC 25 R1 is now broken in AC25 3011 UKI FULL 😞 WHY ?????? 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

I checked the defect DEF-4187 but its fixed version is targeted for Archicad 26. On the other hand, we implemented some improvements that will remedy its behaviors. Those will be released in Archicad 25 Update 2 (which is the Beta 4000). Could you please let me know a bit more about what you are experiencing between the update (3002 vs 3011)?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend

@Minh Nguyen The "improvements" were working as advised above. Now I am back to the same state as originally identified in the Beta reports. I am still unable to use AC25. The dimension marker bug I reported which was messing up my drawings has now been fixed but the dimension association bug is back. If this is going to take at least until AC26 (Sep 2022?) is released to be fixed I'm not sure why I bothered paying for the upgrade because I am definitely not seeing any benefit from the chunk of money that was taken?

Hello,

Thank you very much for the explanation!

I looked into the history of this bug, and found that: This is a consequence of dimensions having to adapt to the model changing per view. Thus, some points may not exist during the change.

As far as I know, to have a proper fix we would need a big project to change the technology of dimensions. At the same time, we do see that it’s a very annoying issue, so some improvements are made in Update 2. Meanwhile, I’m not aware of any changes between 3002 and 3011 that might cause this to appear. Let me talk with our Product Manager tomorrow for further clarification.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hello,

I discussed the issue with our Product Manager. As far as I know, the issue was not fixed either in the R1, 3002 or 3011, so I guess there might be a misunderstanding. The fix coming in Update 2 will address this problem.

I would like to kindly ask you to verify in Archicad 25 R1 with the same file, whether the same issue also happens.

Meanwhile, we want to achieve a higher goal, thus we would like to come up with a better dimension technology to prevent further issues in the future. This is why we would like to solve this problem in a project that can only be done in the main release.

I hope this explains the situation. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Ok, so I have been contacted by the Product Manager. Yes there is a misunderstanding arising from the Beta testing timeline. However, knowing that there is a working fix, only to then have 3011 released without it has just compounded the frustration of not being able to use AC25. Given the importance of reliable dimensioning in our drawings the omission is even more annoying, particularly as it now looks like it won't be released until the New Year. Disappointed is an understatement.

You can't be serious! In the year 2021 after 30 years of Archicad there are problems in propper dimensioning? REALLY? And the fix is targeted for 2022? WHAT?

You would have thought someone at GS might have realised the importance of dimensions in the construction process and the dangerous consequences of their automated removal BEFORE they broke it in the first place.

VDushelikhinskaya
Participant

Hi! When is the update 3011 planned to be released for the Russian version

Here I am more interested in the release of the Russian version of the 4000 update. Since there really is something new to add.

AMD R7 2700 3.8@GHz | 32 Gb RAM | SSD | GTX 1050Ti

Hello,

If everything goes well, update 3011 for Russian version will be released next week 🙂

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT