General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad 25 Update 5005 and Archicad 24 Update 7000 Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Today we have made the update Archicad 25 Update 5005 and Archicad 24 Update 7000 available. So far we have created packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER and AUT versions and they all passed our Quality Control.

The Check for Updates feature will notify end-users about the new version. We will keep testing the rest of the language versions and release them as they pass our Quality Control.

You may read the List of Improvements for Archicad 25 here and the List of Improvements for Archicad 24 here, while the update installers are available on the Downloads section of our website.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.

Best regards,
Minh

EDIT: 

We spotted a regression bug in Archicad 25 Update 3. Although the defect DEF-5748 was fixed in Update 2, it reappeared again in the latest update. We will release a hotfix for Archicad 25 INT, AUS, USA, NZE, UKI, AUT, CHE, GER, FRA, ITA, NED, and Archicad 25 Solo INT, UKI, USA language versions. Updates for other language versions will be recreated to include the fix.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

21 REPLIES 21
lparke
Contributor

I notice the v25 update includes an Intel suffix to the file name.  We have one user on Apple Silicon.  Is there a different installer for that hardware?

ArchiCAD v27 (since v11)
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
macOS Sonoma

@lparke There is no native M1 / ARM / Apple app.   All Mac users download the Intel version, and Rosetta 2 on the M1 Mac will emulate an Intel chip .. which is what is happening to your AC 25 user today.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/ARM-Mac-support/ta-p/304108

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
WA
Participant

Hi Minh,

the Archicad 23 update 7000 bricked my australian version of Archicad.

Where are the Australian AC23 installs located on the website now? I can only locate full dowload for AC25 and patches for AC23. All of the legacy installs apear to be deleted or removed. 

Thanks,

Duncan

I assume you mean version 24 and not 23.

I have no idea why older versions of Archicad are so hard to find on the main Graphisoft website (i.e. non-existent).

I always keep this link handy.

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/install/AC24/AUS

Just change the version number and language code to get what ever you want back to about version 18 I think.

All the updates back to version20 can be found here on the main Graphisoft website.

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?localization=AUS&type=AC&version=24

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Perfect, thanks Barry.

Half the running project PLNs I have tried to open have refused with Cannot read Plan file. I'll be heading back to the previous version.

Every update of this app is a spin of a cursed roulette wheel; it's so tiresome.

James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info

Hi James,

I am very sorry to hear about this!

May I ask which Archicad version (24 or 25) you are having this problem with? We haven't got any similar reports from the partners yet. The update only touches the file inside the Archicad installation folder only, so this problem may come from a specific machine or template. I suggest contacting the local support immediately for further investigation.

Thank you very much for your understanding! Feel free to let us know if you have any further issues with it.

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend

@Minh Nguyen just in case you missed it... https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Elevation-Section-Marker-Unexpected-beh...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Djordje
Ace

I opened 24, worked a bit, clicked on Save, it closed, and I cannot open it since. Crashes on open. See the last few bug reports from me. The last one is AC24-2022-03-01-11-12-29-1698

I do believe that it is the same problem I had during Beta, that the Beta team traced to the TrendMicro antivirus. Since that cannot be changed, sorry, no 7000 for us...

Reinstalling all and not installing build 7000. Thanks for great QC.

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Oh, to add... since the problem during the Beta was the Starter, I checked the installation folder, and lo and behold, no Archicad.exe... just the Starter... when you try the repair, of course you cannot, because the update package does not have the repair option, and the basic installation is too old...

... what to say?

Djordje

HP Omen

Hi Djordje,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

Since the issue has already happened since the preview state, then I believe TrendMicro antivirus is the problem here. The preview package and the official package for Archicad 24 7000 is the same. In the past, we have a few similar reports coming from other TrendMicro's users about this issue. I suggest sending a report to TrendMicro support so that they would address this correctly.

Meanwhile, I believe in every antivirus program, there should be an option to restore the deleted ARCHICAD.exe file. In the future, adding Archicad into the whitelist should help with the problem in the long run.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Djordje
Ace

Hi Minh

No, I do not remember if it happened in the preview. There was a 24 7000 preview? It happened in the final.

It was happening in 24 BETA.

And Archicad is in the whitelist.

I cannot understand why is this happening, after I have reported it in two beta tests (24 and 25). And, it was happening only in the betas, it was OK in the final versions, until now. It is so hard to fix?

Between you and TrendMicro, we are screwed... thanks!

Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace

Djordje_0-1646140340469.png

Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace

unauthorized file encryption...

Djordje_1-1646141370648.png

Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace

@Minh Nguyenwe have opened a support ticket with Trend Micro, and will inform you of the developments.

Djordje

HP Omen
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

We spotted a regression bug in Archicad 25 Update 3. Although the defect DEF-5748 was fixed in Update 2, it reappeared again in the latest update. We will release a hotfix for Archicad 25 INT, AUS, USA, NZE, UKI, AUT, CHE, GER, FRA, ITA, NED, and Archicad 25 Solo INT, UKI, USA language versions. Updates for other language versions will be recreated to include the fix.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Is there a date for release of Update 3?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hello,

The current Update 3 has been (and will be released) for the main languages. These languages will receive a hotfix later to patch this bug (which will install on top of Update 3). Update packages for other languages will be recreated to contain the fix.

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

@Minh Nguyen Sorry for the numeric error, but when can we expect update 4 if the arrow bug isn't getting a patch update?

Hello,

At the moment, it is being targeted for mid-Autumn.

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT