General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad 26 Preview

Carlos Cordeiro
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

UPDATE: registration process is now closed. We will proceed with some administrative tasks and the access links will be sent shortly.

Graphisoft is proud to announce the launch of the product preview phase of our software development for Archicad 26. This is in lieu of an expanded Beta period. This year, we changed our product Beta process to make it more streamlined, efficient, and effective. However, recognizing the need for customers to try our upcoming release in advance and in order to collect your feedback, our product preview will be launched at the start of our Beta period when all languages of the preview software are ready - INT, USA and GER, around April 14th.

If you would like to participate in the preview, please submit your request here.
Feedback regarding the product preview can be provided through the Jira Service Desk, available after registration.

We are looking forward to your participation and feedback in the upcoming User Group - register here .

Thank you very much for your interest!

Sincerely,

Product Success Team

145 REPLIES 145

Well done Graphisoft and welcome to Archicad 26.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
blgp
Booster

Will a native version for M1 be available from the start? This would increase the motivation from the test but considerably 😉

Carlos Cordeiro
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Unfortunately not from April 14th. A preview version fully ARM compatible is planned to be available later in July-August. Soon we will provide exact information about it.

Turit
Booster

Can I try it without an existing license?
I can’t register as a company employee, but I’d love to take part in the testing from home.

Unfortunately that is not possible. You must have a valid license (as a company or individual) in order to run the preview version.

archigreen
Enthusiast

Will it be compatible with Twinmotion direct link? Because now AC25 doesn’t work, although AC 24 does syncs with direct link Twinmotion.

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB

@archigreen wrote:

Will it be compatible with Twinmotion direct link? Because now AC25 doesn’t work, although AC 24 does syncs with direct link Twinmotion.

That is a question for Twinmotion (Epic) - they are the ones that provide the link (add-on).

There is no 'Direct Link' for Archicad 25 - you now have to use the 'Datasmith' add-on.

I assume it will be the same with 26, but the add-on probably won't be released until 26 is out.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mjules
Mentor

Meanwhile, Revit 2023 is out, and one of its features is an "Adaptive propagation for rebar": https://youtu.be/aAXbuP5tOlA 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

Thats extremly nice. But they can have it; i think that if Graphisoft begins to focus on this kind of stuff for Archicad they (and of course, we) are going to regret it. But who knows, i wasnt able to conect to the Graphisoft forum where they discussed the future of Archicad.

@jl_lt It seems that Graphisoft is interested in developing Archicad Structure as well to meet its goals through the concept "Building together!" If so, the company will be under the obligation to integrate a complete structural package to better attract the market segment it envisions to that end.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Archicad. By architects... For engineers

I agree with you @Mjules. Graphisoft's development of Archicad has always been good for us as users. Never taking away functionality but just adding more. Looking at how Archicad evolved since I started using it on version 6.5, i's flexibility has always stood out for me. This approach gives us more freedom to work the way we want to and continuously opening multiple new opportunities for us in the industry. Archicad will always be For Architects and I have absolutely no issue with Archicad also becoming For Engineers. We are actually starting to work with Quantity Surveyors, getting them involved on our models via the Archicad interface (Archicad For Quantity Surveyors). If other users don't need / want to use all the functionality, that's up to them.

I am excited to see where Archicad will take us in the next 5, 10+ years.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

Thanks, @Francois_MCD !

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Anyone remember the good old days of Bloatware. Seems they may be coming back... 😖

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Mjules
Mentor

@jl_lt @DGSketcher Don't blame Graphisoft if it wants to take this direction. This strategy will really help it compete with Revit in North America in which architecture is not a simple conceptual approach. Architecture in both the U.S. and Canada is a mixture of practice and project management, programming and analysis, project planning and design, project development and documentation, construction and evaluation.  The architect works on sustainable, structural strategies as well as on the different building and HVAC systems. Architecture is very complicated in those countries. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Not because some people or countries like to complicate things it means better architecture, it is just more complicated.... But i wont go further than that.     The point is, why jump into a niche they wont win and is already saturated with dedicated structural solutions??  More specifically, why try to compete with Revit in the one thing that it blows you out of the water? 

So an architect needs to model rebar for some reason? use revit d*mn it! thats what its good for.  Instead, Graphisoft, who havent been able to handle properties from a central file yet, would like to compete in structural design?   really, how do you think thats going to end?  But hey, they might surprise us.

Architecture is complicated because there is a combination of laws, statutes, and codes that regulate its practice, including establishing the requirements to obtain a professional license as an architect. These laws aim to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public relating to the practice of architecture. These laws define professional conduct and misconduct of architects as well. Performing architectural services below the standard of care is punishable by laws, so is the lack of the qualities, education, and experience needed for a particular task. As a transverse discipline, architecture is not easy to practice, and architects need transversal skills to collaborate with different professional bodies. They are called upon to collaborate with the mechanical and structural engineers throughout the design process. In the past, this collaboration seemed mostly confrontational, but with contemporary technology and global culture, this collaboration should be much easier nowadays. If Graphisoft's intent is to facilitate this collaboration through Archicad, I support all efforts in this direction.

Furthermore, competition does not mean negative struggle. I see fair competition, here, as a way for companies to boost the progress of their BIM software, which would represent a gain for customers.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
DGSketcher
Legend

@Mjules So who else do we blame? Ok so there are companies who love this idea, but there are also a lot of users who really don't need fully integrated multi-disciplinary software. Archicad was an architectural tool, it has already bloated with SAM and the prospect of having it carry rebar and other engineering detail tools has me starting to look at more architecturally focussed options, and that's after 27 years of using Archicad. Irrelevant tools, complex workflows, messed up data sources, a visually horrible interface, bugs, missing functions and failures of CAD basics are all taking their toll and making my ROI look a bit depleted. It shouldn't be about competition with Revit, it should be about listening to the user base and keeping their business. Happy customers = Growth.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@DGSketcher I understand your point, but architecture becomes a transverse discipline. I didn't agree with the Graphisoft structural components in Archicad before. Currently, a self-respecting architect who does not want to go to jail for bad practices must understand or master how the different building systems work. The architect needs effective work tools to help him or her in his/her practices. 

I agree with  you that all of us need to be happy. It should be the Graphisoft's main goal for us and that's what I want too. Practicing architecture becomes so complicated that the company is forced to also adapt for the different markets as well.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Yes @DGSketcher it shouldn't be about competing with Revit and in my view Graphisoft has never had that approach, there are many many facts over decades to support that fact and it is still true today. This industry we work in is evolving at break neck speed and we need to keep up. We have to adapt along with all factors in the industry if we want our practices to stay viable. Graphisoft is actually taking care of our future needs by evolving the software into a tool that will do more than what we need now and totally ready for what we still have to learn.

Archicad's compatibility fit a loooong list of formats has always been at the core of the software. This suits us as Architects because in most cases, Architects conceptualize & design the complete building, already at concept thinking of the structure and building systems (even if the project is just a house). It is just logical that Archicad should integrate more fully with other disciplines, enabling any project team to do and achieve more with less (less duplication of work, less time wasted, less mundane & unimportant tasks, etc). 

I'm with @Mjules, Archicad is Awesome. 

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course