General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad 26 for Apple Silicon – Tech Preview launch

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Have you heard the news? Tech Preview for Archicad 26 Apple Silicon version is out! Check the news on Graphisoft Insights.

What is your experience with this version? Let us know!

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

94 REPLIES 94
Koji
Booster

It would be very interesting if the article on the performance of the different equipments incorporated a computer with an m1 processor to compare performance.

Apple MacStudio M2max, Archicad 27 Spanish

We will update the performance comparison article on Graphisoft Community soon based on our internal measurements.

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/Performance-review-with-M1-Pro-and-M1-Max... 

Gyuri

I’d love to test this for you but don’t have an M processor machine. You’ll have to send me on to try 😉

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

We probably got your address wrong, because the machine was sent out already 😀😀

We will be looking forward for your feedback once Xmas arrives and you will get your well deserved M processor machine 👍

The new M1 Max MacBook Pro has been delivered, set up and I am now using Apple Silicon AC26😁. The speed improvement is very noticeable. It launches almost instantly. I will be actively using it now so will provide any further feedback.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

I agree. I have been using AC26 Apple silicon version very consistently in my work flow. I see very noticeable improvements in Zooming, Panning, sections and elevations regenerations. I also notice very smooth 3d orbiting even with the complex projects. So good graphical improvements also.

i

Fra
Booster

the goodies will be released for the release Archicad 26 Apple Silicon?

AC25 AC26 (Ita)

Mac Studio M1 Max 64 GB - OSX 12.4

Dear @Fra, the Archicad 26 Apple Silicon will be a complete package similar to the latest released Archicad 26. However what is available now is a Tech Preview for testing and therefor without the full "extras", if I may call it this way. Q4 2022 we will release the commercial version.

@Carlos Cordeiro wrote:

Dear @Fra, the Archicad 26 Apple Silicon will be a complete package similar to the latest released Archicad 26. However what is available now is a Tech Preview for testing and therefor without the full "extras", if I may call it this way. Q4 2022 we will release the commercial version.

@Fra asked about the Goodies add-ons, which I gather you're calling "extras".  The Accessories "Goodie" is required for work on any projects which used it in the past, or which require it.  So, those projects cannot really be tested with the ARM Preview.  Other Goodies, such as PolyCount, the importers, intersection in combos, etc etc are merely handy to have and of course would not have an impact on testing.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ebatte
Booster

Glad this is available. I've done some very preliminary testing with a real project on a M1 max MBP and the all-around performance increase is notable, although we knew this would be the case! 🙂

1. Is this considered a beta release for testing?
  2. Are there any known bugs that would prevent it from being used in production?
  3. What is the procedure for reporting bugs?

Thanks,

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27

Dear @Ebatte thank you for taking the time to use it and validate the notable performance increase we reached during the internal tests.

The Tech Preview is a way to help us to have a version "exposed" to real life scenarios before its official release. We are not running an official beta test for this, however we expect to collect as much feedback as possible before releasing the commercial version later this year.

To the best of our knowledge there are no bugs preventing production use, however you must understand that a Tech Preview is not a commercial version, therefor must be used accordingly.

The procedure for reporting bugs is exactly the same as other Archicad versions. Just please make sure you clearly mention that the bug/issue/suggestion comes from the ARM package.

Thanks again for helping us to deliver a better product. Happy testing!

Markus Denzlinger
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

I do not have the feeling that there is a real boost. Renderings are significantly slower on the nativ version compared to the Intel version, running on my MacBook Pro M1 Max/64GB. Isn't the ARM C4D Cineware engine (standard) integrated yet?

I hope that GS will soon release localized versions to try Archicad with real projects.

regards

Markus

Eduardo Rolon

FYI,
The Arm version does not have the Original Attribute Manager it only has the new-UNUSABLE one. This should be in the notes.

On the other side of the coin, it is stable and "feels" snappier panning and zooming around.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

It's weird that the 'old' Attribute Manager interface is missing as this is supposed to be. answer version with fixes. Could it be a Work Environment issue where the Attribute Manager has been omitted from the menu?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Eduardo Rolon

Still looking for it

26Arm

EduardoRolon_0-1659110474674.png

AC26 Intel Version

EduardoRolon_1-1659110783792.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon

Another regression bug in the new AttMan is that when importing attributes it does not add them to the last number but instead it looks for the first empty number. This was discussed to death during the Beta and it is back.

At least Reindexing is fast.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

This is bad and definitely needs fixing before the final ARM release.

Not that I use a Mac, but all versions should behave exactly the same.

And it must create new attributes with a higher index number than all current attributes, not the next available one.

If next available number is used, attribute management will be impossible.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for reporting!
Yes, the tech preview version does not contain some last minute changes of AC26 but the release criteria for the final ARM version is that all functions, including attribute handling, should be identical across all platforms.

Regards,

Gyuri

rikhav
Booster

Hello,

Just wanted to know, if I can install the ARM version of Archicad 26 side by side with Intel version..

Yep, Have both and RC1 running without issues. Cannot use ARM version for work because of not having Attribute Manager.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator