General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad 26 for Apple Silicon – Tech Preview launch

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Have you heard the news? Tech Preview for Archicad 26 Apple Silicon version is out! Check the news on Graphisoft Insights.

What is your experience with this version? Let us know!

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

94 REPLIES 94

Some feedback from our perspective:

- Significant performance gains in Archicad (we do not use the internal renderer)

- Files saved in Apple Silicon are (in our experience) fully compatible with Intel build, and vice-versa. We swap between the two so that we can continue using CI Tools add-ons (Coverings & Objective)

- Apple Silicon build overcame a problem we were having with BIMx publishing (don't know what the problem was with the Intel build - issue communicated to Graphisoft)

As an aside for those who, like me, did not know: If textures are coming out 'wrong' on publisher PDFs, try unchecking "Limit image resolution to:" in PDF/Document Options/PDF Options.

AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
Amine Mseddi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

The promised ARM Preview updated package has been released. Archicad 26 is running natively on ARM processors. With the new updated technical preview, the performance will increase and all the functionalities will run faster than in the latest Archicad 26 release.

Download the updated version here: https://dl.Graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/Archicad-26-D1-INT-3550-1.1-ARM.dmg

Amine Mseddi

Product Marketing Trainee | GRAPHISOFT SE

Don't know which bugs were fixed.

• Still does not have the original Attribute Manager
  • Still zooms in a the wrong location though a rebuild fixes it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo,

This is still an Apple Silicon technical preview from a preliminary version which contains some ARM specific and some generic bugfix and optimization.

I can confirm that the final AC26 ARM release will solve the mentioned issues.

Regards,

Gyuri

Hi,

Do we need to uninstall the old preview version in order to install the updated version?

Daniel Kassai
Graphisoft Moderator
Graphisoft Moderator

Hi Rikhav!

Please uninstall first the old version and then install the new build.

Thank you!

Daniel Kassai
Manager of Ecosystem, Product Management at Graphisoft

Thanks...

Amine

Thank you for the correct link.

Is it possible have a preview of the Grasshopper connection plug in. 
I'm working on new Archicad objects (ArchiRADAR) to create complex cladding from Grasshopper and I would like to test them on AC 26 Silicon. I could give you feed back.

Schermata 2022-09-29 alle 19.08.38.jpg

MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/

I have been facing issue, after updating to New Version of Technical Preview for Archicad 26 ARM Version. After working on any file and closing it, when I reopen files, most of the time I come across an error - cannot read .pln file. 
Every time I  have to 'open and repair file' in order to open the files. This happens most of the time. Even I lost one file. Open and repair file process also is not able to open that file. Pl. help as soon as possible.

Hi Rikhav,

It sounds like a unique case on your computer, could you share with us the hardware specification, please?
Also please upload the damaged project here for further investigation:
https://Graphisoft.sharefile.com/r-rf9bed1ca05684fb596acb6f4371712c3

Regards,

Gyuri

Hi Gyuri,

very sorry for late reply. Unfortunately I have lost the .pln file, which got damaged, as I converted .bpn file to .pln file and hence it was overwritten.

I am waiting for this error to repeat, but since more than a week, I am not facing this issue. I save my files to Google Drive. Maybe Somme error due to this? I have no idea. I will send the file to you, as soon as this error is repeated.

By the way, will you pl. guide, when the Public ARM version of Archicad 26 is expected?

Regards,

Rikhav

@rikhav wrote:

I save my files to Google Drive. Maybe Somme error due to this?

That could very well be the problem.

Archicad tries to save to the file while Google Drive is trying to sync it at the same time.

If you can, suspend the Google Drive sync until you have finished working on the file.

Or work with the file in an non-synced location, and copy it to Google Drive when you do want it to sync.

It may not be a problem sometimes as you work normally, but I have noticed if you save often ( 2 or 3 times in a short space of time) in Archicad, then this is when the problems can occur.

Archicad save the BPN and also has a scratch file that you can't always see as it is saving.

The sync-folder then starts to update the file.

You save again in Archicad while it is doing that and that is when the problems can occur, as you are altering files while they are trying to sync.

If you need to share the file live with other people, use Teamwork.

Otherwise if you are the only person working on the file, there is no need to sync it until you are ready to do so.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the quick response. 

I understand your explanation and will suspend the sync process in Google Drive till my work is completed. 

will com back to you, if the problem arises again.

Thanks once again…

Regards,

Rikhav 

Hi Barry, 

I am facing this issue again and again. I have already uploaded the file, on the link sent to me previsouly. Will you pl. update on this issue?

Hi rikhav,

Unfortunately I can not access the file you have uploaded as I have nothing to do with Graphisoft.

I'm just an Archicad user like you, and a moderator of this forum.

I will tag Gyuri  @gynyitrai in on this.

Hopefully he will get an email to say he was tagged into this conversation.

You could always send him a private message.

He will also need the hardware specification for your machine.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Gyuri,

I am facing this issue again. I have sent you the file for further investigation, in the link that you have shared.

Regards,

Rikhav

Hi Rikhav,

Thanks for the .pln file. 

Can you confirm that this issue still exists WITHOUT using Google Drive?

"After working on any file and closing it, when I reopen files, most of the time I come across an error - cannot read .pln file. Every time I  have to 'open and repair file' in order to open the files. This happens most of the time."

If so then please try it with the MacIntel version of AC26 on the same computer and tell me the result, please.
Also share with me the hardware specification of your Apple Silicon computer.

Thanks in advance,
Gyuri

I am using m1 max 16" MacBook Pro with 32GB RAM.

The issue still persist. I lost another file. Now I am not even to recover the .bpn file also. Both the files show the same error message - cannot read plan file. I am attaching the file for your reference. I am not able to attach .bpn file.

I am losing the data. I am yet to check it without Google Drive.

@rikhav I am using the same config but 64GB RAM and did not have any issues with my project files. My files are synchronised to iCloud.

Csongor BIRTÓK
CONSOFT Romania

@csongraf I was also not facing any issue. The issue started coming up since last one month or so. I am using Technical preview from almost August.

Ebatte
Booster

Too bad it isn't version compatible with existing Teamwork projects so I can actually test it.

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27