BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad 26 for Apple Silicon – Tech Preview launch

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Have you heard the news? Tech Preview for Archicad 26 Apple Silicon version is out! Check the news on Graphisoft Insights.

What is your experience with this version? Let us know!

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

94 REPLIES 94

@archislave, I answered a similar question in another thread (it is not planned to release a Universal Binary), please find it here: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-forum/Archicad-26-Separate-versions-for-Apple-Sili...

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, Collaboration
rikhav
Booster

Archicad 26 Intel version and Apple silicon Technical Preview version both crashes, when rendering process is going on and we press F5 key to move to 3D window tab, while rendering window tab is active.

Moreover, I feel like Archicad 26 rendering is substantially slower than Archicad 25. 

@rikhav wrote:

Archicad 26 Intel version and Apple silicon Technical Preview version both crashes, when rendering process is going on and we press F5 key to move to 3D window tab, while rendering window tab is active.

Moreover, I feel like Archicad 26 rendering is substantially slower than Archicad 25. 

Any crash should be reported to your local technical support so that it gets quickly reproduced and added to the pipeline for a bug fixing update.  Hopefully the crash reporter appears when this happens?  If so, be sure to share the ID with your tech support case.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ebatte
Booster

Can you confirm there are no incompatibilities with Teamwork projects when Apple Silicon, Apple Intel, and Windows users access the same teamwork project?

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27

The silicon version is a higher build number. Normally if you have teamworked a file and someone opens it in a higher build number then no one else can open it unless they also update to the higher build. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Mario Sacco
Expert

Is Grasshopper Connection plug in Available for Apple Silicon Version?

The last version available seams for Intel. I tried to install it but it doesn't work.

MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/

@Mario Sacco wrote:

Is Grasshopper Connection plug in Available for Apple Silicon Version?

The last version available seams for Intel. I tried to install it but it doesn't work.

It will be (or should be) with the proper release version later this year.

Remember, this is just a Tech Preview version at the moment.

If I have been following other posts correctly, all add-ons need to be compiled specially compiled for the ARM version.

See 3rd dot point in Boldizsar Vermes post ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-forum/Archicad-26-Separate-versions-for-Apple-Sili...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jose Gradoli
Booster

I've tested AC26 Apple Silicon vs AC26 intel side by side with some projects and I have to admit it's blazing fast in almost every task: redraws, pan, section generation, opening app and files etc... It lacks some functions but it's very very promising. 

This version opens some wet dreams like run Archicad on M1 iPads, but step by step.

This is the way

www.formaarquitectura.com
ARCHICAD 25 SPA

When viewing Favourites in List View, the option button (three dots) is very difficult to select. It only seems to be clickable on the very right hand edge.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Thanks for reporting, we will investigate this issue. 

Regards,

Gyuri

Ebatte
Booster

Possible bug report:

When switching to another app and then back to AC, selecting items with the arrow tool is inconsistent - like the arrow location and the element(s) being selected are not in the same location on screen.

Send & receive fixes it.

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27

Does the cursor also sometimes change to the pipette or injector? This and random zoom

is a known issue. I believe the zoom issue has been fixed in the latest update which has been released for preview and will form part of the office silicon release. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Yes, I believe it does. Is the updated preview release available for download?

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27

Not for silicon. Only the AC26 Update 2 is available for Intel. There are some great improvements and additions. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Thanks for reporting, we will investigate this issue.

Regards,

Gyuri

What I've seen is that when switching back AC does not get focus (sometimes it loses it too) so you cannot click or zoom even though AC is the frontmost app.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I am not sure if this is specific to the Silicon version or not but I have just opened a DWG of surveyors data in the Silicon version of 26. I have edited it and purged as I need to in order to copy in to my live model. When I copied the data and pasted across to the current Intel build of AC26 I was presented with the dialogue noting that some data was located on layers which were locked or switched off. I told Archicad to show the relevant layers and accepted the dialogue to paste the data. Half the data then appeared to be missing. It turns out that the layers some of the data was placed on were not switched on as per the option selected in the dialogue box. When I activated the Layers dialogue palette and interrogated the relevant layers, they were hidden. I showed them and the data appeared.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
rikhav
Booster

Hi,

when I try to reposition editing plane in 3d window using ‘snap to story’, it is not working. However, I am able to reposition it to default location.

justdhruv
Contributor

Just bumping up this thread. It would nice to have more impressions of how the preview is working out for users who are trying it out. Any feedback on speed related improvements will be greatly appreciated.

ArchiCAD 20. MacBook Pro 17", 2010
+ core i7 4970k Hackintosh

I would say the improvement in speed in comparison to intel version of Archicad 26 Is roughly 25-30%. It is quite noticeable everywhere. Regeneration of sections & Elevations are quite fast. 2d and 3d navigations are buttery smooth.

In comparison to windows version, I would say it is at par, if not more, when compared to 10th or 11th gen intel pcs with same amount of RAM. But remember I am comparing my MacBook Pro M1 Max to Desktops.

Preview is working OK, main issue is that it has all the bugs from the Release Candidate (2 revisions ago) so it is not usable for production.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!