General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad 26 is here!

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is the connecting forum thread for Archicad 26 is here!

What is your favourite new feature? Share your thoughts and opinion here!

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

143 REPLIES 143
Eduardo Rolon

License manger is not updating keys so installing 26 will only let you work in Demo mode.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

For me too. It says my key is up to date...

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

No license update either!!!!      What's up with that? 

@Eduardo Rolon wrote:

License manger is not updating keys so installing 26 will only let you work in Demo mode.

They have fixed it, as my key updated an hour ago.   I tried the License Manager Tool earlier today with no success.  This time, I just launched AC 26 after installing and it ran the license update process successfully.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Finally.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Mine doesn't update yet. 

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

Each engineering department or firm will use its own software for structural analysis and from what I gather the software they most prefer is in the Autocad stable.

The software company that owns Archicad also have their own S/A software. So it’s only right for them to have model share facilities. And you are definitely going to get better model transfer with software in the same stable.

I personally could be happy with a start edition of Archicad if it had the render engine in it as well as dwg transfer because I only do low rise housing.

I think a product just up from ASE and below Archicad full with teamwork and for a dedicated developmental team to work Just on that platform, would be great.

Of course all those developmental improvements should be incorporated into the full commercial version of Archicad.

I believe it would be in the best interests of everyone who is not designing sky scrapers that Archicad commercial should have its own developmental team working on improvements.

That way we avoid the current dissatisfaction of new features.

I also think the subscription price would be much less for an intermediate version of Archicad.

Just my thoughts.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

@mthd I remember there could be a Start Edition of Archicad that you can explore from the following hyperlink: https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/Archicad/install/ACSE2021/INT

You can take a look at it to see if that version could fit your needs.

I like your post. It's wise to have different Archicad versions for different organizational structures in the field. The AEC industry includes Architecture, Engineering, and Construction. I also agree with you that Graphisoft, through Archicad, must support that industry. 

To that end, and, in my opinion, Graphisoft is in the right direction. Furthermore, every firm or everyone can choose the profile he or she wants to use depending on his/her role in the team:

Mjules_0-1658029593759.png

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
godi
Enthusiast

I would like to answer you, but according LMT I can't update my licenses (already payed with suscription) to try the new functions, and I'm too old to spend my time in demo mode

me2

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
godi
Enthusiast

In any case, very good should be the new textures to make the cost of SSA worthwhile, the rest of the "new features" are of an interest very close to zero

DGSketcher
Legend

@Noemi Balogh You mean there was new features? All I am seeing is minor workflow changes / improvements that should have been properly implemented years ago. Enough with all the inter-departmental IT competition, we need practical solutions that help us as designers not being fed a stream of irrelevant IT jargon. Bring us live demo's of tools that genuinely help the workflow and you might start to win back your customers. Hint: Start with the user wish list!

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Sure there are "new" features.

You can now customize your kitchen cabinets in eleventy gajillion new ways.

Plus, you can now stretch circles (...couldn't we already do that?)

(**eye-roll**)

This is like that time they released a new version and one of the "new features" touted was a new playground library object.

I wonder if the person who complied that list was anywhere nearly as embarrassed doing it as I was for them reading it.

I agree. The circle "feature" is really ridiculous

It's 2022 and we still can't draw regular polygons in Archicad (pentagons, hexagons, heptagons,...etc.) or create hexagrids or tri-grids, but they're busy celebrating being able to stretch or offset circles as a "new feature".

'Shaking my head'. got together with 'Facepalm' and had a child they named 'Eye-roll'.

Now we know the main feature for 27! 😂

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

more like Archicad 37.

......but only for SSA users and Key Clients.

Jp1138
Expert

By the way, another worrysome development is ataching normal features to SSA, as it is taking us slowly but steadidly to a susbcription model. A rendering engine attached to a subscription??? Library park maker only to subscribers??? Blimcloud basic left behind in development in favour of BIMcloud and Blimcloud as a service?? Basic learning documentation only free for Forward???

It seems to me we are the famous frog:

Jp1138_0-1657818300375.jpeg

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

You can consider yourself lucky, we mac users pay the same and have half the functions, as Enscape, that only works on windows

Enscape is not even something they developed.

It's a completely different company that made that render engine - complete wit the connection Addon that they did themselves. (and already exists for Archicad versions 23,24 and 25)

Like, I don't even know why they're touting that as a new feature at all when they had zero contribution to it being a thing.

Also,...you Mac guys now have shadows in BIMx.

the Android and PC folks are still in the stone ages.

Another one of those half-baked features that Graphisoft like to tout as new features when it's only available to one platform and not the other.

GS makes zero investments in Render engines making you use a third-party software that I can't use.