General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad Users on LinkedIn

JaredBanks
Mentor

For anyone on LinkedIn:

The Graphisoft Community is definitely a better place to connect and learn, but other websites have their value as well.

There's a number of Archicad groups on LinkedIn, but not one called Archicad Users. That seems odd, as the largest groups for other BIM software are similarly named. So today I decided to fix that. Right now this group is small, but I hope to quickly grow it into the best place on that website to share Archicad knowledge, get support, find jobs, etc. So I know you're probably in some other Archicad groups on there, but come and join me there too. Here's a link to the Archicad Users LinkedIn group.

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution

Just remove the %20 before https in the url.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

Should you give GS a grace period to pull their fingers out on this once beloved forum? Sharing and caring so much knowledge as there is here needs a forum structure LinkedIn don't have.

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Andrii Levko
Expert

In my opinion, the group can be useful for sharing knowledge in a presentation way, maybe even for promotional purposes because you can also use video recordings, or as you mentioned, for job or employee search. But I'm agree with @Mats_Knutsson that for caring so much knowledge as there is here needs a forum structure.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650
JaredBanks
Mentor

I think there's value in multiple locations. There are discord servers, conversations on Twitter, a million Facebook groups, etc. The Linkedin group isn't intended to replace the Graphisoft Community, but an additional place for users to talk. Hopefully there'll be links from there to here to help raise people's awareness of the GS community. I'm sure many (most?) of the Archicad users on LinkedIn aren't aware of the community.

Either way, I completely agree, I hope GS continues to evolve this space and give it back many of the lost features from the old forum days.

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Hi Jared, I tried to join the group but the link seems to be not working.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Links to LinkedIn are sometimes weird. It'll be easier to search for Archicad Users Group within that website. Or connect with me on there and I'll direct you!

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Solution

Just remove the %20 before https in the url.

Thanks. I didn't even see that extra garbage was added to the links. I fixed it in the original post.

Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

@Ignacio Azpiazu , @JaredBanks , It’s working thank you so much.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB