BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Archicad’s Wholistic Approach ?

mthd
Ace

What does this potentially mean for the future direction of development for Archicad ?

Please watch this video on the Archicad 24 world event, from 3 min 20 seconds, in for a few seconds.

https://youtu.be/4ZbI2EiGq6A

Did you notice why the basic functionality and the new features are not the focus right now ?

The answer is obvious but what does that mean for users like me who have used the program for low rise residential work ?

Be happy that the program is developed enough for us to use and forget about the basic functionality improvements for now ?

After all that is exactly why subsequent versions are now focused mainly on collaboration.

So please don’t complain about not getting much more in the way of basic functionality improvements ?

Are there really any better options available for us maybe Vectorworks or Allplan ?

Anyway just wishing that they would put the focus back on basic functionality.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
3 REPLIES 3
Miha_M
Advisor

I share your concern about the recent Archicad evolution. I noticed a lot of negative feedback about Archicad 26 in this matter. Graphisoft might have lost the usability focus in the recent past.

I would suggest GS to establish a simple user poll or I might just have one myself and publish the results here. It's one simple question with four answer options.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

The poll doesn't get any more votes, so here are the results. This is most likely not representative for the whole Archicad user base, but still:

Miha_M_0-1663665251916.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

mthd
Ace

Thank you Miha_M.

please see this link provided by Bricklyne Clarence, for detailed information on the future direction of Archicad’s development by Graphisoft.

https://aecmag.com/bim/the-future-architecture-of-Graphisoft/?fbclid=IwAR2c6uqiAQsDqNTw_FkOFZjtYZlMJ...

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!