General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Autodesk Acquires The Wild

The Wild enables architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) professionals to present, collaborate and review projects together in immersive and interactive experiences, from anywhere and at any time. This acquisition enables Autodesk to meet increasing needs for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technology advancements within the AEC industry and further support AEC customers throughout the project delivery lifecycle.

Andrew Anagnost, CEO and president, Autodesk. said “XR is a must-have business imperative for today.

Nic Fonta, General Manager of XR at Autodesk. said “Accessibility, affordability, as well as the future of digital twins and metaverse, create the right environment and business rationale for advancing XR technology within the AEC industry.

The Wild
and IrisVR draw data from various AEC technologies into their respective XR collaborative experiences to perform design review and model coordination.

Don’t you think that Graphisoft BIMx is a few steps away to become the leading BIM Communication tool?

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
7 REPLIES 7

But how easy is it to send to a client?

With 0 computer knowledge lol

@SenecaDesignLLC Sorry didn’t catch your point if you can explain?

My son is using it for his company.  Huge project and it makes sense.  They can view from anywhere they are and Jin in a room where they can compile drawings and videos handing on a wall or walls in the room, a model on the conference table etc.  

To much for a single project, and I would also say I could do as much with BIMx and if I shared a screen could to the same with clients in other cities.

I could even create a “onsite room:  with the drawings on hte wall.  But BIMX does that in its own way,

Both are great and due subtle different things.  I was very impressed.  But I will also say giving a 3D headset to someone new and expect them to operate it in this environment would be a fail.  hard to use unless you have the expertise.  And then please film hte staff as it would be a very awkward video.

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
Lingwisyer
Guru

I sometimes wish BIMx exports were simple self contained .exe files that anyone can just open and look around in without needing to install a separate BIMx Viewer...

Though I guess that maybe part of them push you to use the BIMx Model Transfer service...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

@Lingwisyer wrote:

I sometimes wish BIMx exports were simple self contained .exe files that anyone can just open and look around in without needing to install a separate BIMx Viewer...

They used to be just that many versions ago.

@Lingwisyer wrote:

Though I guess that maybe part of them push you to use the BIMx Model Transfer service...

I think this is the way it works now.

No '.exe' file, but if you save to the transfer site, anyone with the correct link can access that file in a web browser without having to install a viewer.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yeah BIMx model can be reached via a web browser and this is a big advantage, but it seems to be less invested in BIMx by GS, I see it’s an excellent tool to be the destination for all visualization tasks rather than not satisfying Archicad rendering results, I don’t know if it’s possible.