General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

Changing a post to a different Forum after posting to the wrong one

4hotshoes
Advisor

I posted in the wrong forum and I do not know if or how the post can be moved to the other forum. Is there a way to move them? Also How would I know which forum I am posting to?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Only Moderators/Admins can move posts... so just PM one of us.

The 'breadcrumbs' at the top of each page tell you where you are.  For example, this thread was posted into the "What's New?" forum.  You can only post into the forum that you are in, just as in the old platform.  So, from the top menus, select the forum your topic most likely fits into, then click the "Create new topic" button once you're there.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 4.44.57 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Only Moderators/Admins can move posts... so just PM one of us.

The 'breadcrumbs' at the top of each page tell you where you are.  For example, this thread was posted into the "What's New?" forum.  You can only post into the forum that you are in, just as in the old platform.  So, from the top menus, select the forum your topic most likely fits into, then click the "Create new topic" button once you're there.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 4.44.57 PM.jpg

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

PS I'm guessing you're referring to your Param-O topic which got started in the "What's new?" forum?   Even we moderators are having a hard time figuring out where things should go with the very limited number of forums in this new platform.  At one level, Param-O might go where GDL/library objects are discussed... but the Get Together >Developer Forum is for actual GDL coding, so the only forums left are "Design" or "Document & Visualize" and GDL objects can fit into either of those.  How to use Param-O doesn't really fit anywhere perfectly, so your guess is as good as mine 🙄

I was thinking that the developers might be able to address some of the questions, but maybe the format of Paramo is so unique, they may be only to address programing logic, but not Paramo specific functionality .

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

The developer forum isn’t a way to communicate with the developers, but rather a forum for coders to ask questions about creating add-ons, writing GDL code, using the Python interface etc.

I liked it when we could delete a post too.  Now I just delete the content, add a space and a period and leave it for the moderators to get rid of.   

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25