General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Cigraph

KeesW
Advocate

Can anyone tell me what has happened to Cigraph? I have been using their add-ons for many years and want to update their Archisuite for Archicad but could not do so. Also, their vey excellent Architerra seams to have been taken over by Eptar. The product appears to be identical but it cost has quadrupled. 

I am sorry to hear that Fabrizio has died - I've had many email dealings with him over the years and he really understood Archicad.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
15 REPLIES 15
Lingwisyer
Guru

Eptar has had the same tools for many years. I have no idea what the difference is... I feel like they are all the same coding, then someone else does the UI and sells it.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
hermzec
Participant

Cigraph does not exist anymore. I think they closed forever

Hermes

That's what I thought. However, their site still lists Archisuite for Archicad 25.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU

Is there any official announcment on this by Cigraph?

I had subscribed last year to Archiquant Plus which is what i called the best 5D upgrade to Archicad ever. The scheduling and cost options are fantastic and endless with great potentials. 

I am waiting for the 26 update and I sent a couple of mails without getting an answer.

This is really bad news. Hope it is not true! 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

If it’s so valuable as you all say why doesn’t Graphisoft Italy take the responsibility to develop these Add-Ons and sell them?

It maybe another roadmap for Cigraph tools.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

They are so valuable that they should be implemented in the core of Archicad not just as addons. Especially Archiquantplus should be intergrated like Ecodesigner or  MEP. 

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

@Botonis You can make a wish for this purpose we may find these features in Archicad as you say or even continue to be developed as Add-Ons, and sure me & @Lingwisyer , @hermzec , @KeesW are supporting your wish, good luck.

Greetings @Mahmoud Qenawi

Added a wish for Archiquantplus..!, 

Botonis Botonakis

Well done @Botonis, I hope your wish becomes real and we use or continue using Cigraph tools as an add on or inside Archicad.

Here’s the link for the wish :https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Cigraph-Archiquantplus/td-p/358750

if I can invite @KeesW & @hermzec & @Lingwisyer to follow their wish.

hermzec
Participant

Some news from Cigraph,
a guy who worked for them, released in 2015 told me that the servers are down as the building that houses them is about to be sold.
In addition, the CEO is hospitalized and the situation is currently stalled.
If I have other news I will come back to write to you
Hermes

Thanks Hermes.

If you are talking about Istvan Toth I hope that everything goes well. I send my best wishes to him!!!!!!! Health is the priority!!

Botonis Botonakis

Hi Hermes. Any update for Istvan? Hope everything is fine for him.I wish the best. 

Botonis Botonakis
Botonis
Advisor

Cigraph's webpage down...... Should we wait for a miracle????This is sad.

Botonis Botonakis
win-q
Contributor

Has there been any updates on CiGraph? 

On AC website it said "As of January 2015, Graphisoft acquired Cigraph’s Archicad distribution unit." 

Does this mean that AC will eventually offer CiGraph / very soon these add ons will be offered within AC as standard? 

There is a real need to have site modification tools as a standard within AC rather than just going for an add on. C should be able to stand on its own with good site tools for roads, sidewalks etc. 

I hope there's some good coming with AC27 regarding this but if anyone has any additional information to share please do.

Thanks 

Botonis
Advisor

I wish I had some news but all my tries contacting Graphisoft Italia were unsuccessful. 

Botonis Botonakis