General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Dear Fabrizio, we will miss you so much

fabioferrini
Enthusiast

Today is a sad day for Italian Graphisoft community because our dear friend Fabrizio Diodati pass away after a long illness. Fabrizio was a genius, Archicad’s guru, some of the most incredible objects of our local library were created by him. Fabrizio was a incredible, generous, tireless  person and I'm really proud to share his friendship. R.I.P dear Fabrizio, we will miss you so much. 

8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein

I heard this sad news yesterday from fellow ArchiGEEZER @Djordje Grujic - pictured below on the left, me on the right, with Fabrizio in the center in Budapest in June 2016.  This was the only time I met Fabrizio (and Djordje!) in person, even though we had corresponded by email and archicad-talk for over 20 years - primarily during his time at Cigraph Factory developing the various Cigraph Tools for Archicad.  He was always open to suggestions, many of which were implemented within days or weeks, and every email was signed:

Friendly

Fabrizio

His loss is a loss for all of us. 😔

13450725_10207095594764631_2413490369911890519_n.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly

A sad day indeed.

Fabrizio did a great deal for the Archicad community and was always so helpful.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

This is a very bad news!

My sincere condolences to his family! 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

My sincere condolences to Graphisoft community specially the Italian one, to you @fabioferrini , @Karl Ottenstein and to his family.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Jp1138
Expert

My condolences to family and friends 😔

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sadly our very dear and beloved friend and valuable community member Fabrizio Diodati passed away after fighting sickness for some time.

Fabrizio worked for over 30 years together with Graphisoft and contributed immensely to the birth and success of Graphisoft Italia. During these three decades, he has become the nationwide reference point for GDL, and colleagues always turned to him as if he were an encyclopedia of Archicad history. 

He has been an emblematic personality in the Graphisoft community, known and loved by colleagues and partners worldwide.  

If you wish to share a thought about Fabrizio or pay tribute to his memory, you may visit the memorial page created for him

Thank you, Fabrizio, for all the knowledge and cheerfulness you shared with us.

We will surely miss you. 

Graphisoft team

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Djordje
Ace

Yes, @Karl Ottenstein, this was the founding of the ArchiGEEZER club... the first time I have met you in person.

I still cannot believe that we have lost Fabrizio. He was a force. Everything was possible, nothing was hard, and it was always, ALWAYS, Friendly!

We have lost a dear friend, and the Archicad community a great guy. Now him and Dwight can code and render together in the infinite beyond 😞

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dave Jochum
Advocate

I haven't checked in here for awhile, so just learning of the very unfortunate loss of Fabrizio. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. Like many, I never had the chance to meet him in person, but had many, many conversations through Archicad-Talk and email. I used most of the Cigraph products over the years. Godspeed, Fabrizio.

Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)