BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Enscape and Chaosgroup to merge

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this (I still can't navigate or figure out this new forum format), but some interesting news came out today that might affect Archicad users of Enscape.

THe makers of Enscape realtime rendering engine have merged with Chaosgroup - the makers of VRay render engine (And which also owns Corona Renderer) to form a new company. under whose banner both products (and Corona Renderer) will now fall.

This obviously affect Archicad users who also use Enscape that has a very robus plugin for Archicad (with really great support and features).

"....KARLSRUHE, SOFIA & BOSTON, January 11, 2022 – TA Associates, a global growth private equity firm, and LEA Partners, a technology focused private equity firm, announced today an agreement to merge Enscape, a leading developer of real-time rendering and design workflow technology for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industries, and Chaos, a world leader in photorealistic rendering technology. The merger will establish a global leader in the 3D visualization and design workflow software sectors, with a focus on the AEC, Visual Effects (VFX) and Product Design verticals. ....."

https://www.chaos.com/blog/chaos-and-enscape-to-merge-backed-by-ta-associates-and-lea-partners

1 REPLY 1
jl_lt
Ace

This is quite big news actually. I only got to use Enscape for a while and its fantastic. Right now im with twinmotion but i would certainly like to try Enscape agan, that is, if they dont cut their support for Archicad. But i guess this is a direct move to compete with twinmotion and the huge potential it has being owned by Epicgames

Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!