Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

How to use Param-O Conditional Math Nodes

4hotshoes
Advisor

In Param-o, there are "equal", "not equal", "Lesser", "Greater" and orther Math Nodes that evaluate two values and return a true of false. What can I do with these? They seem to almost look like "if, than" conditional statements. Can I use one of the values being compared? This is not clear in the manual. Are there better explanations with examples?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

I think they are for simple binary (on/off) control. For example you could do a comparison to show or hide node output, although there are probably work arounds for other options.  

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I found a way around the problem. If the conditions of comparison ≠ zero, then one shape will remain visible, while the other shape is invisible, However, if the conditions of comparison = 0, then the other shape shows while the first becomes invisible.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!