BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Minnesota ArchiCAD User Group - January 30th, 2012

JaredBanks
Mentor
We're starting a Minnesota ArchiCAD User Group.

The first meeting is October 27th, 2009 at our office in Minneapolis (6:30-8:30 pm). If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll get you more details.

Thanks,
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
15 REPLIES 15
JaredBanks
Mentor
Our next Minnesota ArchiCAD User Group is Tuesday March 16th, 2010 at SALA Architects office in Minneapolis (6:30-8:30 pm). If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll get you more details.

This will be our 4th MNAUG user group meeting and we've been averaging about 15-20 people a meeting.

Thanks,
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Our next Minnesota ArchiCAD User Group is Tuesday April 20th, 2010 at SALA Architects office in Minneapolis (6:30-8:30 pm). If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll get you more details.

Here's some more info:

We are going to lead a meeting covering the basics of ArchiCAD. We’ve had a lot of new and potential ArchiCAD users show up to meetings and we wanted to have a night dedicated just to them! This meeting will be ideal for:

- New Users
- People interested in switching to ArchiCAD
- Coworkers who don’t use ArchiCAD, but want to know more about it
- Experienced users interested in learning something new or who just want to share

And as always, bring questions and anything else you want to share. See you all in April!

Thanks,
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Our next Minnesota ArchiCAD User Group is Tuesday May 25th, 2010 at Wilkus Architects in Eden Prairie (6:30-8:30 pm). If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll get you more details.

We'll start the meeting with some show and tell of a project done by Jody Keppers. I'm also planning on going over a bunch of questions that have been asked after a few recent meetings that we haven't covered yet. As always feel free to bring anything you want to share and any questions you might have. We'll have a projector and at least one machine with AC11-13. If there's anything specific you'd like to learn about, feel free to e-mail me before hand.

Thanks,
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Our next Minnesota ArchiCAD User Group is Tuesday July 20th, 2010 at SALA Architects in Minneapolis (6:30-8:30 pm).

David Wilson from Charles R. Stinson Architects is going to do a show and tell about Artlantis (www.artlantis.com). If memory serves me, most if not all of the renderings on www.crsarch.com where done in house with Artlantis. Assuming ArchiCAD 14 will be shipped by the 20th, we’ll also spend some time looking at that as well. As always feel free to bring anything you want to share and any questions you might have. We'll have a projector and at least one machine with AC11-13 (14 if we’re lucky). If there's anything specific you'd like to learn about, feel free to e-mail me before hand.

Thanks,
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Our next Minnesota ArchiCAD User Group is Tuesday September 28th, 2010 at Wilkus Architects in Eden Prairie (6:30-8:30 pm).

A lot of us have been using ArchiCAD 14 for the past few months and we are all going to share our experiences. We'll also be looking at Teamwork 2. As always feel free to bring anything you want to share and any questions you might have. We'll have a projector and at least one machine with AC11-14. If there's anything specific you'd like to learn about, feel free to e-mail me before hand.

A recap of our last meeting is here: www.shoegnome.com/2010/07/25/mnaug-7-recap/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Our next User Group is coming up!

Date:
Tuesday November 9th, 2010 | 6:30PM - 8:30 PM |

326 East Hennepin Avenue, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55414

November's meeting will cover a wide variety of topics that have been suggested at recent meetings and subsequent e-mails. Some of those topics are SEO, template development, Version 14, pen sets, and schedules. We'll see how much we can cover. And as always bring anything you want to share and any questions you might have. We'll have a projector and at least one machine with AC11-14. If there's anything specific you'd like to learn about, feel free to e-mail me beforehand.

A recap of our last meeting is here: www.shoegnome.com/2010/09/29/mnaug-8-recap/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
A recap of our November meeting:

http://www.shoegnome.com/2010/11/14/mnaug-9-recap/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Our next Minnesota ArchiCAD User Group is Monday December 13th, 2010 at SALA Architects in Minneapolis (6:30-8:30 pm).

We're having a special Usergroup meeting in December. It's going to be all about the basics. This meeting will be ideal for:

- New Users
- Prospective Users interested in switching to ArchiCAD
- Coworkers who don’t use ArchiCAD, but want to know more about it
- Experienced users looking to brush up on the essentials or who just want to share

RSVPing isn't necessary, but appreciated. Questions, comments, funny stories? E-mail me.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Our Next Usergroup is coming up. Here's the info:

Date:

Wednesday January 26, 2011 | 6:30PM - 8:30 PM |

SALA Architects, Minneapolis

In January we're NOT having a change of venue. We unfortunately couldn't get a room at the College of Design. This will still be a great opportunity for professionals and students to share insights about ArchiCAD. If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss, feel free to e-mail me beforehand. Or just come and ask.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Date:
March 08, 2011 | 6:30PM - 8:30 PM | Central Time

11487 Valley View Rd
Eden Prairie, MN

Among other things, we will be discussing opportunities for leveraging ArchiCAD to help get and retain work. It's a big topic and a little different from what we usually discuss. But there are a lot of ideas floating around the group and it'd be great to share. And after two meetings that lean more towards the academic end of the spectrum (December & January) it will be a nice counterpoint.

And as always bring anything you want to share and any questions you might have. We'll have a projector and at least one machine with AC11-14. If there's anything specific you'd like to learn about, feel free to e-mail me beforehand.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Here's the recap from March:

http://www.shoegnome.com/2011/03/13/mnaug-12-recap/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Date:
Tuesday May 17, 2011 | 6:30PM - 8:30 PM |

11487 Valley View Rd
Eden Prairie, MN

Exact topics TBD. We will have a short presentation on the curtain wall tool. And I'm sure there will be plenty of other tips, tricks, examples of member's recent work, and anything else people want to know about. I know I've been learning some cool new modeling methods that I'll be sharing. If there's anything in particular you'd like to learn about e-mail me.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Date:

Tuesday September 20, 2011 | 6:30PM - 8:30 PM |

11487 Valley View Rd
Eden Prarie, MN

All about ArchiCAD 15. I started my first project in ArchiCAD 15 the first week in August and I know I'm going to have a lot to share. How about the rest of you? What do you think? Let's get together and share. For anyone not on 15, this will be a great opportunity to learn about all the great advances. Can't wait to learn? Check out this recent blog post about all the little changes in ArchiCAD 15. http://www.shoegnome.com/2011/07/28/all-the-changes-in-archicad-15-that-we-love-but-wont-be-advertis...

As always feel free to bring anything you want to share and any questions you might have. We'll have a projector and at least one machine with AC11-15. If there's anything specific you'd like to learn about, or you want more information, feel free to e-mail me before hand.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Date:
January 30, 2012 | 6:30PM - 8:30 PM | Central Time

11487 Valley View Rd
Eden Prairie, MN

Description:
Many of us have been using ArchiCAD 15 for half a year now. I'm sure we'll talk about what we've learned and how we've been liking it. Does anyone have any projects they'd like to share? I know I have a few. And over the past few months I've learned a bunch of new tricks --both productivity and modeling techniques. So I'll share as many of those as I can. As always feel free to bring anything you want to share and any questions you might have. We'll have a projector and at least one machine with AC11-15. If there's anything specific you'd like to learn about, or you want more information, feel free to e-mail me before hand. (jared@shoegnome.com)
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
Date:
Wednesday May 9th, 2012 | 6:30PM - 8:30 PM |

11487 Valley View Rd
Eden Prarie, MN

What have you been up to since our last Usergroup meeting? I've been busy learning a whole bunch of new things about ArchiCAD.

No RSVP is necessary, but if you want to come early to eat dinner at a nearby restaurant with other enthusiastic ArchiCAD users, let me know.

For more details:
http://www.shoegnome.com/2012/04/23/minnesota-archicad-usergroup-meeting-may-9th-2012/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Learn and get certified!