Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

New Graphisoft Community - coming soon!

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager
Dear Archicad Talkers,

Archicad Talk has been around for almost 18 years now, and it is by far the largest community of Archicad users. It helped many of us to get started with Archicad, from getting tips on what hardware to get to finding clever ways to master hotlinking in complex projects.
Archicad Talk provides a place for all of us - Archicad fans from all around the world – to reach each other, share ideas and seek solutions from fellow members.

Here at Graphisoft, we’ve been thinking about how we could further support this community.

We are happy to announce that the next chapter for Archicad Talk is just about to roll out: Graphisoft Community!

Graphisoft Community will be more than just a fresh look for Archicad Talk — it will have a state-of-the-art engine, so the platform will be easier to use, and it will provide more streamlined collaboration options with all community members.

Some of the features that we are rolling out soon with the upcoming release:
• A fresh look and feel
• A far better structure and search to be able to find things
• A brand-new labeling system to give an extra layer of association with features, products, and so on
• Forums and knowledge base articles under the same umbrella
• Marked solutions with likes to highlight the most valuable contributions
• Custom badges and ranks that can be achieved
• Community challenges

Your conversations, posts will be preserved and migrated to the new version of the community automatically.
The site will transition to a Graphisoft ID-based login for better security and easier connection to other Graphisoft services. We will send you detailed steps about how you can connect your existing account to ensure that all your previous contributions remain available.

Stay tuned for more news!

Best Regards from the Graphisoft team,
Gordana

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

9 REPLIES 9
Sounds great! I hope you will be able to "like" post (or similar) as it would save me from typing this message.
Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists
Lingwisyer
Guru
Gordana wrote:
Does this mean you will be able to mark multiple solutions?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Karl Ottenstein
Kristian wrote:
Sounds great! I hope you will be able to "like" post (or similar) as it would save me from typing this message.
Yes, individual posts can be "liked"
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Lingwisyer wrote:
Gordana wrote:
Yes, multiple solutions can be marked and highlighted as solutions. All posts will show a "like" count... so would be a way for something helpful/useful to stand out, even if not really a solution.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl wrote:
Yes, individual posts can be "liked"
perfect! Its always nice to be able to credit individual pieces of valuable knowledge. Many times on this forum I want to respond with "great info!" but don't want to clog up the feed with useless posts; but in the new forum I will be able to give credit where it is due. Stoked!
Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists
Jan Vlach
Advocate
It would be cool if the new forum would linked to BIMcomponnents as there are very coool and super usefull gdl objects floating around hidden in the forum.
From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7
Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager
skawagon wrote:
It would be cool if the new forum would linked to BIMcomponnents as there are very coool and super usefull gdl objects floating around hidden in the forum.
For now, new Community won't have a link to the BIM Components site. But we do hope to enrich the content available. Thanks for sharing this idea!

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager
Karl wrote:
Lingwisyer wrote:
Gordana wrote:
Yes, multiple solutions can be marked and highlighted as solutions. All posts will show a "like" count... so would be a way for something helpful/useful to stand out, even if not really a solution.

Thank you, Karl, for explaining everything And thanks everyone for sharing your feedback!

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Sounds interesting! Hopefully the state-of-the-art engine can be used to create something more than the standard forum experience.

One feature I would see at release or in future updates is a section that's more than just a bunch of posts with polls. Standardises polling for every wish, ability to easily see and sort after polling, ability to see which wishes are taken up on the developers wish-list, etc. I think this would help engage the community even more in the development - as it is now it feels rather toothless and more of a way to see if other users shares ones thoughts about what the Archicad can and should be.