Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

Private Messages missing?

rm
Expert

Fish out of water here!  I just went to look at my private messages and they are all missing.  I had some very important ones in corresponding back and forth with GS tech support on open issues.  

Will those be showing up again anytime soon?

I did not transition to a new user here, so I presumed all my messages would remain in place?  Am I incorrect about this?

Thank you!

Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution

I will talk to Minh. I am sure he should have records of your conversations.

Thanks for understanding! 

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein

Unfortunately, the migration process was apparently not able to migrate old Private Message to the new system.  See  number 8 in the FAQ:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Frequently-Asked-Questions-FAQ/td-p/304247

I don't know if Graphisoft has provided some means of still logging onto the old system to retrieve your old messages during this 3 months migration period. Perhaps @Laszlo Nagy  knows and can post something here.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Unfortunately, we cannot access users' messages because that would be a breach of privacy. That is a big reason why we couldn't export messages as part of a database.

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

rm
Expert

Thanks Karl -

If we truly lost all our messages, that would be very disappointing.  Not sure why GS would not have given a heads up to us on that prior to beginning migration, especially for those who may have had very important messages regarding tech support or the like.  I only saw the FAQs after migration.

Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26

Hi Robert,

Updating the site required major changes and as a result we were not in a position to migrate private messages to be able to maintain your privacy.

We understand that notify messages were very close to release, and I am really sorry for the inconveniences that it caused for you. For sure our tech supp team will happily continue the conversation where it was left of through your messages.  Can you give me more details in private message to be able to help you?

Thanks, Gordana

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Hi Gordana -

I was working with Minh, who is very helpful, on some issues with the railing tool.  He also had suggested a new test/technique that we had not had time to test out as of yet.

Thank you!

Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Solution

I will talk to Minh. I am sure he should have records of your conversations.

Thanks for understanding! 

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Stress Co_
Advisor

This was a total miss.😕

EDIT:

In addition, all saved subscriptions & Bookmarks are gone into the ether as well.

Wish I knew that was coming.

Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)

Bookmarks have been lost too? I didn´t see that coming 😫😫

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10