General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD University West - Web Site OPEN

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Drop by the ACUWEST.COM web site.... We're gearing up for a great event in March.

Early registration is now OPEN...

http://www.acuwest.com

Duane
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
28 REPLIES 28
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Duane,

How are sign-ups going for ACUWest?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Dave,

So far we have about 30 slots filled! Not bad for a week or two.. We have rec'd some great support from Graphisoft and are finalizing the speaker list. I am looking forward to a great event and hope you all can make it. (Dave, I know you're already in...)..
Dave wrote:
Duane,

How are sign-ups going for ACUWest?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
i May be interested in going, it sounds pretty good, nice little weekend away as im from boston. i went to the contact and emailed to see what the price is
Dave Jochum
Advocate
keithg wrote:
i went to the contact and emailed to see what the price is
Just click on the ACU West logo in Duane's signature and you'll get the full skinny.
Dave Jochum
TomWaltz
Participant
I looked at the Kellogg West website, and they didn't say much about travel to there.

Is the best way to fly to LAX, then rent a car? Or is there a shuttle/airport that's better?
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
TomWaltz wrote:
I looked at the Kellogg West website, and they didn't say much about travel to there.

Is the best way to fly to LAX, then rent a car? Or is there a shuttle/airport that's better?
The Ontario (California!) airport is closest to Pomona and should have shuttle van/bus service to Kellogg West. Many major airlines serve Ontario.

LAX is quite a bit farther. I didn't check on shuttle bus options from there, but rental cars are pretty cheap ($22/day for compact) if there's a super air fare deal. Don't even think about a taxi.

Even if you don't book there, check expedia.com for flights to LAX or Ontario - and in the left side of the screen, it lets you pick alternative area airports to see what fares/times are there.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dave Jochum
Advocate
TomWaltz wrote:
Most all the info you'll need is on the ACU West website. When you register you have the option of requesting a shuttle pickup from the Ontario Airport arranged by the ACU West guys. I don't know where you're coming from, but if you are on Southwest's route, they seem to have the best fares going.
Dave Jochum
TomWaltz
Participant
Sorry, I haven't registered yet. I'm meeting with management Monday to make my sell (to come from Philadelphia) and I just wanted to have all my facts straight.

I REALLY want to come to this!!

Thanks!
Tom Waltz
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
There's still room left at ACUWest. If your still thinking about coming, please sign up soon... Our early bird pricing ends Feb. 12! We still have room for about 30 more....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
....and to anyone who is still trying to decide about going to ACUWest------JUST DO IT! As good as the presenters and tutors are in ArchiCAD-Talk, they're ever so much better in person! And for most North Americans this is vastly easier than getting over to Nottingham UK, 'though I bet the Pomona dining hall won't have as good a pub in the basement. Don't miss it!
Cathy, flyin' down from Berkeley
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are only a few weeks until ACUWEST!!! For me the opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the most advanced users in the AC Community is really important. The upgrading of skills and the gleaning of new methods pays for the event many times over.

Hope to see you all there!

Lew Bishop Architect
AC8.1;P4, 1GB, nVidia 440, XPPro
Dave Jochum
Advocate
LewBishop wrote:
There are only a few weeks until ACUWEST!!! For me the opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the most advanced users in the AC Community is really important. The upgrading of skills and the gleaning of new methods pays for the event many times over.

Hope to see you all there!

Lew Bishop Architect
Palm Desert---easy for you to say!

Just kidding--I'll be there and am really looking forward to it.
Dave Jochum
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dave wrote:
Palm Desert---easy for you to say!
California...easy for you!

Seriously, if you haven't decided, do it. A huge bargain at any skill level, and fun.

Since it's only three weeks off, I think it's time for a show of hands...who's going? (me)
The previous post is from me. I'm getting chronically logged out. Gotta be more careful.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
Really wishing i could make it for this one! The cost of a flight across the Atlantic is too prohibitive though.
..didn't know AC has caught on in the States this much....for years we(in Africa)were told no one knows what Achicad is over there,that that is the AutoCAD land.But from what i'm seeing in this forum,that is neither here nor there.
keep up the good work guys.....maybe one day we'll take an Archicad SAFARI here in Kenya!
Karl Ottenstein
Mengi wrote:
maybe one day we'll take an Archicad SAFARI here in Kenya!
Sounds good to me!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll be there as well.. am just making the transition from VectorWorks world to ArchiCAD.. I think it will be fun!

+pablo
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Karl wrote:
Mengi wrote:
maybe one day we'll take an Archicad SAFARI here in Kenya!
Sounds good to me!

Karl
Me, too! Let's go!
Dave Jochum
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to clone myself!!!!!

AC & The Web or Advanced GDL?

ACU is going to rock! See you there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ACUW 2004 is now over and I, for one, had a great time. Since I was a presenter and I love public speaking this was a bit of a foregone conclusion, but I got the clear impression that my sentiments were widely shared. I think I'll leave it to others to report their impressions in more detail (which I encourage all to do). I am more than a bit biased myself and I would love to read other's impressions. Besides I am really just killing time at DFW while I await my flight to JFK.

Cheers all, and see you in Nottingham,

Matthew