General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD University West - Web Site OPEN

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Drop by the ACUWEST.COM web site.... We're gearing up for a great event in March.

Early registration is now OPEN...

http://www.acuwest.com

Duane
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
28 REPLIES 28
__archiben
Booster
thought it was a bit quiet around here . . . your daily average must have dropped big time!

see you in nottingham!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Yes, ACUW was a great experience. I enjoyed meeting all the ArchiCad-Talkers that I only knew from interacting on this forum. My hat's off to Duane for all his hard work in putting this event together and hanging in strong throughout the three days. I know how much work is involved in something like this, and if there were any screw-ups, they sure didn't show. From my vantage point, everything came off as smooth as can be. Duane's presentations on advanced modeling and especially construction documents were superb and worth the price of admission alone.

Dwight, Karl, Matthew were all good, the facility worked well, and the food was far better than I've had in similar situations. My only regret is that I didn't make either of the GDL presentations, so I still don't know didly squat about scripting objects.

2 1/2 days seemed like just the right length. To go longer, I would have needed at least a half day off for some R&R. 'Round about 2:00 Saturday, I started slowing down a bit. It was good to get home, see the kids, and play a round of golf today before getting back to reality tomorrow.

Thanks again to Duane and all the presenters.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Duane Valencia is a great event organizer, host and presenter! ACUWest was an excellent opportunity for me to advance my skills and talk with a lot of experienced users. It's exciting to see how many different directions people can take ArchiCAD, and how sophisticated it can be in skilled hands.

My only regret was not being able to be in two or three places at one time due to the parallel tracks of simultaneous seminars. I think the best remedy will be to encourage Duane to do this again in 2005.

In the meantime, I'll encourage anyone to get over to Nottingham UK or Irvine CA in September for more of David Nicholson-Cole. (Alas, I'll be in southern Africa instead.)

Cathy Roha
TomWaltz
Participant
OK, I'll join in too... it was a great experience, and well worth the time and trip from the East Coast.

-Tom
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
TomWaltz wrote:
OK, I'll join in too... it was a great experience, and well worth the time and trip from the East Coast.
Was great to meet all of you ... and to verify that neither Tom nor Cathy look like their forum Avatars. No cartoon characters to be found.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree!!! Awesome time! It was good to be back at Cal Poly where I received my Bach. of ArchiTORTURE.
I really enjoyed the "tribal" sense I felt from all the users. Archicad either requires or changes people into a unique bread of intuitive digital artiists. Myself, being a Mac user, I have always felt that tribal user culture amongst other users of the Mac platform but ACUwest was a comforting experience that there is another group of nuts out there just like me. 🙂

I hope we can all keep in touch through Architalk and via email: jeff@modernmagic.com

PS. If anyone has access to some of those digital pictures that were taken I can change my avatar.....finally.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jeff,
I just realized you are the tan-less surfer. Great meeting you too!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
Jeff,
I just realized you are the tan-less surfer. Great meeting you too!
Ditto. Good meeting you there, too, Jeff. Now I see why you've got the Halloween avatar ... you were MUCH scarier in person. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB