General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Save-Layer-Settings Add-On

Hi!

I made an Add-On for Archicad to store layer settings in existing Layer Combinations (without the need to open the layer dialog and redefine the layer combination manually).

You can download the free version and watch a video which demonstrates the functionality on my website:
https://www.bschwb.com/add-ons/save-layer-settings/

Or watch the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/-F7spGvJUOg

The paid version includes the following additional features:

• A menu item to save into the last used layer combination "Document -> Layers -> Layer Extras -> Save to Last Used Layer Combination".
    • For this menu item you can define a Hotkey to quickly store the current layer settings in the last used layer combination.
  • A palette instead of a modal dialog.
    • The last used layer combination is tracked in the palette.
    • Change the layer combination with a double click in the palette.
    • Save the current layer settings into a new layer combination.

The additional functionality costs 25 EUR per seat in your Archicad license. It is a lifetime license for AC24&AC25. This is a promotion available for a few weeks. After that it will cost 50 EUR per seat.

Please check the website for my mail to contact me if you are interested in purchasing a license.

Best,
Bernd

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: bschwb.com
7 REPLIES 7

@BerndSchwarzenbacher , good feature but I think we need also a special part in the community for tools Adv. to be able to review the tool and to track it’s update, maybe a commercial section.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

@Mahmoud QenawiI agree that a special place in the community would be good 🙂 Until then I'll try to post it in the most relevant board.

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: bschwb.com
Ady84a
Booster

This is really a great Addon!

Thanks a lot 

The "Save Layer Settings" Add-On is now available for AC26!
I also fixed the bug with the AC25 macOS build.

Get the new versions here: https://www.bschwb.com/add-ons/save-layer-settings/

Furthermore there's now a clearer pricing scheme with 2 options:
- Single License: 30€ till end of August, then 50€ like before for one seat.
- Network License: 150€ till end of August, then 250€. Unlimited seats, bound to one Archicad Network key.

You can also send me a mail with your AC key ID and I'll send you a free 1-month trial license for the Pro Version.

Your Addon works in AC26 build 3010 thank you!

I was wondering, how you compiled your Addon for AC26, because not every Addon works there.

Is there special setting one has to take care of while compiling for AC26 build 3010?

Your welcome 🙂

Generally the Add-Ons have to be adapted to every major Archicad version change and new builds have to be created. The change from 25 -> 26 had quite a few adaptions, and depending on the Add-On this can mean quite some work. Fortunately for this Add-On there weren't too many adaptions necessary.

Botonis
Advisor

Do not hesitate.....This is a must. Great Addon for Fast and Controllable workflow, Perfect Support.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.