Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What's new?

Shortcut to Unread Posts

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Dear All,

Recently it came up from many of you that it would be nice to see the unread posts directly instead of browsing a huge amount of content. We are constantly working in the background to improve the Community and find what is helping all of us to access information and people the easiest way on Graphisoft Community.

Allow me to share some shortcuts in this post you can use until we can improve this area.

Noémi Balogh

Customer Engagement Expert, Community Admin

7 REPLIES 7

Lingwisyer
Legend

You should probably pin this post to the home page. Reduce the need to keep linking it...

AC22-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Creating a Thread
Help Those Help You - Add a Signature

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I usually like to list all unread posts on the whole site, but group them by thread:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/thread

....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC26
Loving Archicad since 1995

For me, the biggest obstacle to using this forum is that the "Back" button on my browser returns me to the top of the sub-forum, rather than the page of the lists of posts I was just looking at. For example, I am looking at the Design Forum, and after six pages of threads I see a post that looks interesting. After reading and maybe even responding to this post, I click the "back" arrow and am taken to the top of the forum, where I now have to click through all the pages again. This is just too much work, and I've stopped participating much. I hope this can be corrected.

Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC25 (since AC6.0), Win10

I've not run into that as I use the same method here as I did with the old archicad-talk:  from whatever topic list I'm looking at, I cmd-click / ctrl-click the link to the topic I want to read to have it open in a new tab.  I can close that and return to the first / search tab... or go down the rabbit hole as far as I want with more tabs..  Not what you want, but an option 🙂

One of the forum moderators   •   AC 26 USA and earlier   •   macOS 12.6.1, iMac Pro 10-Core, Radeon Pro Vega 64

Thanks, Karl! That's a hugely valuable tip that I was unaware of. I guess I'll be visiting here more often, now!

Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC25 (since AC6.0), Win10

I have also bookmarked this first post with the links (3 dots options next to post and then 'bookmark'), so I can go to my profile icon and see it in 'My Bookmarks' to find it again easily.

Do this for any post you might want to remember without having to search for it later.

I have actually bookmarked that first address in my actual browser (not the 3 dot options) and have that tabbed in my browser address bar.

So I can just open it at any time and it shows me only the posts I have not read yet.

Also like Karl, I open multiple web pages so I can go back to where I was before.

I open a forum and when I want to read a post I open that in a new web page.

When finished I close the post and then I have the original forum open still.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Clicking with the scroll-wheel of the mouse also works for me for opening links in a new TAB.

....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC26
Loving Archicad since 1995

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!